Impression Difference Between Intelligent Medicine Case and Small Service Robot in Self-Medication Support Situations
Takuo Suzuki, Yuta Jose, and Yasushi Nakauchi
University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
-  M. Governo, V. Riva, P. Fiorini, and C. Nugent, “MEDICATE Teleassistance System,” IEEE Proc. of 11th Int. Conf. on Advanced Robotics (ICAR2003), pp. 191-196, 2003.
-  A. Agarawala, S. Greenberg, and G. Ho, “The Context-Aware Pill Bottle and Medication Monitor,” ACM Proc. of 6th Int. Conf. on Ubiquitous Computing (UBICOMP2004), video, 2004.
-  V. Fook, J. Tee, K. Yap, A. Wai, J. Maniyeri, B. Jit, and P. Lee, “Smart Mote-Based Medical System for Monitoring and Handling Medication Among Persons with Dementia,” ACM Proc. of 5th Int. Conf. on Smart Homes and Health Telematics (ICOST2007), pp. 54-62, 2007.
-  R. Beer, R. Keijeers, S. Shahid, A. Mahmud, and O. Mubin, “PMD: Designing a Portable Medicine Dispenser for Persons Suffering from Alzheimer’s Disease,” Proc. of 12th Int. Conf. on Computers Helping People with Special Needs (ICCHP2010), pp. 332-335, 2010.
-  T. Suzuki and Y. Nakauchi, “Intelligent Medicine Case for Dosing Monitoring: Design and Implementation,” SICE J. of Control, Measurement, and System Integration (JCMSI), Vol.4, No.2, pp. 163-171, 2011.
-  R. M. Ryan and E. L. Deci, “Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivations: Classic Definitions and New Directions,” Contemporary Educational Psychology, Vol.25, Issue 1, pp. 54-67, 2000.
-  Y. Fujita, “Personal Robot PaPeRo,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 60-63, 2002.
-  M. Imai, T. Ono, and H. Ishiguro, “Physical relation and expression: joint attention for human-robot interaction,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.50, Issue 4, pp. 636-643, 2003.
-  H. Kobayashi, Y. Ichikawa, M. Senda, and T. Shiiba, “Toward rich facial expression by face robot,” IEEE Proc. of 2002 Int. Symposium on Micromechatronics and Human Science (MHS2002), pp. 139-145, 2002.
-  T. Nakata, T. Mori, and T. Sato, “Analysis of Impression of Robot Bodily Expression,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 27-36, 2002.
-  K. Sakata, T. Takubo, K. Inoue, S. Nonaka, Y. Mae, and T. Arai, “Psychological evaluation on shape and motions of real humanoid robot,” IEEE Proc. of 13th Int. Workshop on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (Ro-Man2004), pp. 29-34, 2004.
-  K. Berns and J. Hirth, “Control of facial expressions of the humanoid robot head ROMAN,” IEEE/RSJ Proc. of 2006 Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2006), pp. 3119-3124, 2006.
-  T. P. Spexard, M. Hanheide, and G. Sagerer, “Human-Oriented Interaction With an Anthropomorphic Robot,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.23, No.5, pp. 852-862, 2007.
-  S. S. Ge, C. Wang, and C. C. Hang, “Facial expression imitation in human robot interaction,” IEEE Proc. of 17th Int. Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (Ro-Man2008), pp. 213-218, 2008.
-  T. Komatsu and M. Nambu, “Effects of the agents’ appearance on people’s estimations about the agents’ abilities: Questionnaire investigations for liberal arts and informatics students,” IEEE Proc. of 17th Int. Conf. on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (Ro-Man2008), pp. 142-147, 2008.
-  B. Mutlu, “Designing Embodied Cues for Dialogue with Robots,” AI MAGAZINE, Vol.32, Issue 4, pp. 17-30, 2011.
-  H. Ueda, M. Minoh, M. Chikama, J. Satake, A. Kobayashi, K. Miyawaki, and M. Kidode, “Human-Robot Interaction in the Home Ubiquitous Network Environment,” ACM Proc. of 12th Int. Conf. on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI07), pp. 990-997, 2007.
-  H. Osawa, R. Ohmura, and M. Imai, “Using Attachable Humanoid Parts for Realizing Imaginary Intention and Body Image,” Int. J. of Social Robotics, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 109-123, 2008.
-  H. Osawa, Y. Matsuda, R. Ohmura, and M. Imai, “Embodiment of an agent by anthropomorphization of a common object,” Int. J. of Web Intelligence and Agent Systems, Vol.10, pp. 345-358, 2012.
-  J. Holmes, “John Bowlby and Attachment Theory,” Routledge, 1993.
-  P. Ekman, “Expression Or Communication About Emotion?,” Uniting Psychology and Biology: Integrative Perspectives on Human Development, pp. 315-338, 1997.
-  A. Mehrabian, “Inference of attitude from the posture, orientation and distance of a communicator,” J. of Consulting and Clinical Psychology (JCCP), Vol.32, No.3, pp. 296-308, 1968.
-  A. Mehrabian, “Relationship of attitude to seated posture, orientation and distance,” J. of Personality and Social Psychology (JSPS), Vol.10, No.1, pp. 26-30, 1968.
-  A.Mehrabian and J. T. Friar, “Encoding of attitude by a seated communicator via posture and position cues,” J. of Consulting and Clinical Psychology (JCCP), Vol.33, No.3, pp. 330-336, 1969.
-  C. E. Osgood, G. J. Suci, and P. Tannenbaum, “The Measurement of Meaning,” Univ. Illinois Press, 1957.
-  S. Shibata and H. Inooka, “Psychological evaluations of robot motions,” Int. J. of Industrial Ergonomics, Vol.21, pp. 483-494, 1998.
-  T. Kanda, T. Miyashita, T. Osada, Y. Haikawa, and H. Ishiguro, “Analysis of Humanoid Appearances in Human-robot Interaction,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.24, pp. 725-735, 2008.
-  K. Ohara, S. Negi, T. Takubo, Y. Mae, and T. Arai, “Evaluation of virtual and real robot based on human impression,” IEEE Proc. of 18th Int. Workshop on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (Ro-Man2009), pp. 873-878, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.