Development of Easy-Removable Underwater Manipulator Unit with Built-in Controller
Fumiaki Takemura*, Reyes Tatsuru Shiroku*, Kuniaki Kawabata**,
and Shinichi Sagara***
*Okinawa National College of Technology, 905 Henoko, Nago-shi, Okinawa 905-2192, Japan
**RIKEN (The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research), 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
***Kyushu Institute of Technology, 1-1 Sensui-cho, Tobata, Kitakyushu 804-8550, Japan
-  Ministry of the Environment, “Annual Report on the Environment, the Sound Material-Cycle Society and the Biodiversity in Japan 2012,” pp. 76-77, 2012.
-  D. Bryant, L. Burke, J. W. McManus, and M. Spalding, “Reefs at Risk,” World Resources Institute, p. 20, 1998.
-  Nature Conservation Division, Okinawa prefecture, “Coral reef resources intelligence readiness project – Report on coral reef resources investigation project, around main Okinawa island –,” pp. 69-120, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  Kuroshio Biological Research Foundation, “Manual of removal crown-of-thorns starfish – Introduction of extermination method by injection of acetic acid –,” p. 4, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  N. Sakagami, M. Shibata, H. Hashizume, Y. Hagiwara, K. Ishimaru, T. Ueda, T. Saitou, K. Fujita, T. Inoue, H. Onishi, S. Murakami, and S. Kawamura, “Development of a Human-Sized ROV with Dual-Arm,” Proc. MTS/IEEE Int. Conf. on OCEANS, 2010.
-  K. Kawano, T. Shimozawa, and S. Sagara, “A master-slave control system for semi-autonomous underwater vehicle-manipulator system,” Proc. of The 16th Int. Symposium on Artificial Life and Robotics, pp. 142-145, 2011.
-  M. Ishitsuka and K. Ishii, “Manipulator Control of Underwater Vehicle Considering DynamicManipulability,” UT’07 Tokyo, pp. 337-342, 2007.
-  J. Yuh, S. K.Choi, C. Ikehara, G. H. Kim, G. McMurty, M. Ghasemi-Nejhad, N. Sarkar, and K. Sugihara, “Design of a semi-autonomous underwater vehicle for intervention missions (SAUVIM),” Proc. of the 1998 Int. Symposium on Underwater Technology, pp. 63-68, 1998.
-  S.-U. Lee, Y.-S. Choi, K.-M. Jeong, and S. Jung, “Development of an Underwater Manipulator for Maintaining Nuclear Power Reactor,” Int. Conf. on Control, Automation and Systems, pp. 1006-1010, 2007.
-  N. Sakagami, D. Ibata, T. Ikeda, M. Shibata, T. Ueda, K. Ishimaru, H. Onishi, S. Murakami, and S. Kawamura, “Development of A Removable Multi-DOF Manipulator System for Man-portable Underwater Robots,” Proc. 21th Int. Offshore and Polar Eng. Conf. pp. 279-284, Apr. 2011.
-  S. Ma, S. Hirose, and H. Yoshinada, “Design and experiments for a Coupled Tendon-Driven Manipulator,” IEEE control systems magazine, Vol.13, Issue 1, pp. 30-36, 1993.
-  K. Kishi, M. G. Fujie, M. Hashizume, I. Sakuma, and T. Dohi, “MR-compatible Surgical Support Manipulator System with Roddriven Instruments,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.27, No.6 pp. 652-660, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  K. Tadano, K. Kawashima, K. Kazuyuki, and T. Naofumi, “Development of a Pneumatic Surgical Manipulator IBIS IV,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.2 pp. 179-187, 2010.
-  F. Takemura and R. T. Shiroku, “Development of the Actuator Concentration Type Removable Underwater Manipulator,” The 11th Int. Conf. on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV 2010), pp. 2124-2128, Singapore, 2010.
-  Nature Conservation Division, Okinawa prefecture, “Story of crown-of-thorns starfish (second edition),” p. 27, Mar. 2004 (in Japanese).
-  T. Ura and S. Takagawa, “Overview of Subsea Robot,” Seizandoshoten, pp. 265-268, 1994 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.