On-Line Image Gathering Utilizing an Operated Underwater Movable Sensor Node
Kuniaki Kawabata*, Fumiaki Takemura**, Shota Futenma**,
and Tsuyoshi Suzuki***
*RIKEN (The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research), 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
**Okinawa National College of Technology, 905 Henoko, Nago-shi, Okinawa 905-2192, Japan
***Tokyo Denki University, 5 Senju-Asah-cho, Adachi-ku, Tokyo 120-8551, Japan
-  R. K. Pachauri and A. Reisinger, “Climate Change 2007: Synthesis Report,” Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), 2007.
-  K. E. Carpenter et al., “One-Third of Reef-Building Corals Face Elevated Extinction Risk from Climate Change and Local Impacts,” Science, Vol.321, pp. 560-563, 2008.
-  T. Motokawa, “Story of coral and coral reef,” Chukoshinsho, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  “REEF CHECK INSTRUCTION MANUAL – A Guide to Reef Check Coral Reef Monitoring,” 2006 (in Japanese).
-  K. Kawabata, T. Suzuki, F. Takemura, K. Sawai, and H. Yamashiro, “Wireless Sensor Network with Fixed Point Sensor Node and Movable Sensor Node for Monitoring/Recording Underwater Environment,” Proc. of Intelligent System Symposium, 1C1-1, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  C. Y. Chong and S. P. Kumar, “Sensor Networks : Evolution, Opportunities and Challenge,” Proc. of IEEE, Vol.91, No.8, pp. 1247-1256, 2003.
-  S. Ando, T. Tamura, Y. Tobe, and M. Minami, “Sensor Network Technology,” Tokyo Denki University Press, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  T. Suzuki, K. Sawai, F. Takemura, K. Kawabata, and H. Yamashiro, “Development of Stationary Sensor Node for Monitoring/Recording Underwater Environment,” Proc. of Intelligent System Symposium, 1C1-2, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  F. Takemura, S. Futenma, K. Kawabata, and T. Suzuki, “Development of the Movable Sensor Node for Monitoring/Recording Underwater Environment,” Proc. of Intelligent System Symposium, 1C1-3, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  M. Dunbabin and L. Marques, “Robotics for Environmental Monitoring,” IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, Vol.19, Issue 1, pp. 20-23, 2012.
-  M.Wada, K. Hatanaka, and M. Toda, “Developing aWater Temperature Observation Network based on a Ubiquitous Buoy System to Support Aquacultures,” J. of Communications, Vol.3, No.5, pp. 2-11, 2008.
-  K. Watanabe, K. Sugiyama, and A. Nakamura, “A Concept of Distributed Compact AUV Groups for the Continuous Monitoring of Coastal Sea Environment,” OCEANS ’04 MTTS/IEEE TECHNOOCEAN ’04, Vol.1, pp. 511-516, 2004.
-  Z. Yang, M. Li, and Y. Liu, “Sea Depth Measurement with Restricted Floating Sensors,” Proc. of the 28th IEEE Int. Real-Time Systems Symposium, pp. 469-478, 2007.
-  I. Vasilescu, K. Kotay, D. Rus, M. Dunbabin, and P. Corke, “Data Collection. Storage, and Retrieval with an Underwater Sensor Network,” Proc. of the 3rd Int. Conf. on Embedded networked Sensor System, pp. 154-165, 2005.
-  T. Kobayashi, K. Sawai, K. Kawabata, F. Takemura, N. Isomura, K. Shimojima, K. Watanabe, E. Kuraya, and T. Suzuki, “Field Test of Wireless Sensor Node for Underwater Monitoring,” Proc. of Annual Conf. of SICE System Integration Division, 3G2-5, pp. 2172-2174, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  F. Takemura, S. Futennma, R. T. Shiroku, K. Kawabata, and S. Sagara, “Motion Verification of an Underwater Robot Using the Passive Posture Maintenance Mechanism for Thrusters,” Proc. of 2012 Int. Symposium on Nonlinear Theory and its Applications, pp. 183-186, 2012.
-  F. Takemura and R. T. Shiroku, “Development of the Actuator Concentration Type Removable Underwater Manipulator,” Proc. of the 11th Int. Conf. on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, pp. 2124-2128, 2010.
-  S. Futenma, F. Takemura, K. Kawabata, and S. Sagara, “Verification of lifting force of underwater robot using the passivity posture maintenance mechanism for a thruster,” Proc. of JSME Robotics and Mechatronics Conf., 2013 (in Japanese) (in press).
-  K. Kawabata, T. Kobayashi, F. Takemura, H. Sato, and T. Suzuki, “A study about wireless network communication performance at the coastal area for underwater monitoring sensor networks,” IEICE (The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers) Trans. on Communications, Vol.E93-B, No.11, pp. 2956-2958, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.