Ground Reaction Force Reduction of Biped Robot for Walking Along a Step with Dual Length Linear Inverted Pendulum Method
Fariz Ali, Naoki Motoi, Kirill Van Heerden,
and Atsuo Kawamura
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Yokohama National University, 79-5 Tokiwadai, Hodogaya-ku, Yokohama 240-8501, Japan
A bipedal robot should be robust and able to move in various directions on stairs. However, up to date many research studies have been focusing on walking in the up or down direction only. Therefore, a strategy to realize walking along a step is investigated. In conventional methods, CoM is moved up or down during walking in this situation. In this paper, a method named as Dual Length Linear Inverted Pendulum Method (DLLIPM) with Newton-Raphson is proposed for 3-D biped robot walking. The proposed method applies different length of pendulum at left and right legs in order to represent the CoM height. By using the proposed method, maximum impact forces are reduced. From the Ground Reaction Forces (GRF) data obtained in the simulations, the validity of the proposed method is confirmed.
and Atsuo Kawamura, “Ground Reaction Force Reduction of Biped Robot for Walking Along a Step with Dual Length Linear Inverted Pendulum Method,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.25, No.1, pp. 220-231, 2013.
-  T. Yoshioka, T. Takubo, T. Arai, and K. Inoue, “Hybrid Locomotion of Leg-Wheel ASTERISK H,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.3, pp. 403-412, 2008.
-  A. Irawan and K. Nonami, “Compliant Walking Control for Hydraulic Driven Hexapod Robot on Rough Terrain,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.1, pp. 149-162, 2011.
-  K. Kamikawa, T. Takubo, Y. Mae, K. Inoue, and T. Arai, “Omni-Directional Gait of Multi-Legged Robot on Rough Terrain by Following the Virtual Plane,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 71-85, 2012.
-  R. Hodoshima, T. Doi, Y. Fukuda, S. Hirose, T. Okamoto, and J. Mori, “Development of a Quadruped Walking Robot TITAN XI for Steep Slope Operation,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 13-26, 2007.
-  H. Kondo, Y. Ogura, K. Shimomura, S. Momoki, T. Okubo, H. Lim, and A. Takanishi, “Emulation of Human Walking by Biped Humanoid Robot with Heel-Contact and Toe-Off Motion,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.5, pp. 739-749, 2008.
-  M. Vukabrotovic, A. A. Frank, and D. Juricic, “On The Stability of Biped Locomotion,” IEEE Trans. on Biomedical Engineering, Vol.BME-17, No.1, pp. 25-36, 1970.
-  T. Tsuji and K. Ohnishi, “A Control of Biped Robot which Applies Inverted Pendulum Mode with Virtual Supporting Point,” IEEE Int. Workshop on Advanced Motion Control, pp. 478-483, Nov. 2002.
-  R. W. Sinnet and A. D. Ames, “Bio-Inspired Feedback Control of Three-Dimensional Humanlike Bipedal Robots,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.24, No.4, pp. 595-601, 2012.
-  K. Harada, M. Morisawa, S. Nakaoka, K. Kaneko, and S. Kajita, “Kinodynamic Planning for Humanoid Robots Walking on Uneven Terrain,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.3, pp. 311-316, 2009.
-  T. Aoyama, K. Sekiyama, Y. Hasegawa, and T. Fukuda, “PDACBased 3-D Biped Walking Adapted to Rough Terrain Environment,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 37-46, 2012.
-  S. Kajita, F. Kanehiro, K. Kaneko, K. Yokoi, and H. Hirukawa, “The 3-D Linear Inverted Pendulum Mode: A Simple Modeling for a Biped Walking Pattern Generation,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 239-246, 2001.
-  K. Hashimoto, Y. Sugahara, H. Lim, and A. Takanishi, “Biped Landing Pattern Modification Method and Walking Experiments in Outdoor Environment,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.5, pp. 775-784, 2008.
-  J.-Y. Kim, I.-W. Park, and J.-H. Oh, “Walking Control Algorithm of Biped Humanoid Robot on Uneven and Inclined Floor,” J. of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol.48, pp. 457-484, 2007.
-  T. Sato, S. Sakaino, E. Ohashi, and K. Ohnishi, “Trajectory Planning on Stairs using Virtual Slope for Biped Robots,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.58, No.4, pp. 1385-1392, 2011.
-  C. Fu and K. Chen, “Gait Synthesis and Sensory Control of Stair Climbing for A Humanoid Robot,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.55, No.5, pp. 2111-2120, 2008.
-  Y. Hu, G. Yan, and Z. Lin, “Feedback Control of Planar Biped Robot With Regulable Step Length and Walking Speed,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.27, No.1, pp. 162-169, 2011.
-  M. J. Powell, H. Zhao, and A. D. Ames, “Motion primitives for human-inspired bipedal robotic locomotion: walking and stair climbing,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 543-549, May 2012.
-  A. Kawamura and C. Zhu, “The Development of Biped Robot MARI-3 for Fast Walking and Running,” IEEE Conf. Intelligent Systems and Robots, pp. 599-604, 2006.
-  Y. Fujimoto and A. Kawamura, “Simulation of an Autonomous Biped Walking Robot including Environmental Force Interaction,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, Vol.5, No.2, pp. 33-42, 1998.
-  F. Ali, B. Ugurlu, and A. Kawamura, “Center of Mass based Inverse Kinematics Algorithm for Bipedal Robot Motion on Inclined Surfaces,” IEEE Int. Workshop on Advanced Motion Control, pp. 396-401, Mar. 2010.
-  N. Motoi, T. Suzuki, and K. Ohnishi, “A Bipedal Locomotion Planning Based on Virtual Linear Inverted Pendulum Mode,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.56, No.1, pp. 54-61, 2009.
-  P. Venkataraman, “Applied Optimization With Matlab Programming,” John Wiley & Sons, 2009.
-  B. Ugurlu and A. Kawamura, “Online Running Trajectory Planning for Bipedal Robots based on ZMP and Euler‘s Equation,” JSME Technical J., Vol.3, No.1, pp. 1-12, 2009.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.