Development of a Human Symbiotic Assist Arm “PAS-Arm” (Design of Mechanism · CVT and Experimental System)
Advanced Technology R&D Center, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, 8-1-1 Tsukaguchi-honmachi, Amagasaki-shi, Hyogo 661-8661, Japan
1. This paper is the full translation from the transactions of JSME, Series C, Vol.75, No.749, pp. 104-112, 2009.
-  Y. Yamada, H. Konosu, T. Morizono, and Y. Umetani, “Proposal of Skill-Assist for Mounting Operations in Automobile Assembly Processes,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.68, No.666, pp. 509-516, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  ISO/CD12100, “Safety of machinery – basic concepts, general principles for design,” 1998.
-  ISO10218, “Robots for industrial environments – Safety requirements – Part 1: Robot,” 2006.
-  A. Goswami, M. A. Peshkin, and J. E. Colgate, “Passive Robotics: An Exploration of Mechanical Computation,” Proc. of 1990, IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Cincinnati, pp. 279-284, 1990.
-  M. A. Peshkin and J. E. Colgate, “Cobots,” Industrial Robot, Vol.26, No.5, pp. 335-341, 1999.
-  M. Higuchi, “Working Auxiliary Arm,” Japanese Patent Application No.JP20030410620 20031209, Japanese Patent Publication No.JP2005169536, Japanese Patent No.4115927, 2008.
-  M. Higuchi, “Development of a Human Symbiotic Assist Arm “PAS-Arm” (Basic Concept and Mechanism),” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.73, No.730, pp. 1762-1768, 2007 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.