High-Speed Focusing and Tracking of Multisized Microbiological Objects
Chanh-Nghiem Nguyen, Kenichi Ohara, Yasushi Mae,
and Tatsuo Arai
Department of Systems Innovation, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University, 1-3 Machikaneyama, Toyonaka, Osaka 560-8531, Japan
-  F. C. Groen, I. T. Young, and G. Ligthart, “A Comparison of Different Focus Functions for Use in Autofocus Algorithms,” Cytometry, Vol.6, No.2, pp. 81-91, 1985.
-  Y. Sun, S. Duthaler, and B. J. Nelson, “Autofocusing in Computer microscopy: Selecting the Optimal Focus Algorithm,” Microscopy Research and Technique, Vol.65, No.3, pp. 139-149, 2004.
-  J. M. Mateos-Pérez, R. Redondo, R. Nava, J. C. Valdiviezo, G. Cristóbal, B. Escalante-Ramírez, M. J. Ruiz-Serrano, J. Pascau, and M. Desco, “Comparative Evaluation of Autofocus Algorithms for a Real-Time System for Automatic Detection of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis,” Cytometry Part A, Vol.81A, No.3, pp. 213-221, 2012.
-  V. V. Bezzubik and S. N. Ustinov, “Optimization of Algorithms for Autofocusing a Digital Microscope,” J. Opt. Technol., Vol.76, No.10, pp. 603-608, 2009.
-  M. A. Bueno-Ibarra, J. Álvarez-Borrego, L. Acho, and M. C. Chávez-Sánchez, “Fast Autofocus Algorithm for Automated Microscopes,” Optical Engineering, Vol.44, No.6, p. 063601, 2005.
-  K. Ohba, C. Ortega, K. Tanie, G. Rin, R. Dangi, Y. Takei, T. Kaneko, and N. Kawahara, “Real-Time Micro Observation Technique for Tele-Micro-Operation,” in IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol.1, pp. 647-652, 2000.
-  K. Ohara, K. Ohba, T. Tanikawa, M. Hiraki, S. Wakatsuki, and M. Mizukawa, “Hands Free Micro Operation for Protein Crystal Analysis,” in IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol.2, pp. 1728-1733, 2004.
-  C.-N. Nguyen, K. Ohara, E. Avci, T. Takubo, Y. Mae, and T. Arai, “Automated Micromanipulation of a Microhand with All-In-Focus Imaging System,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 427-432, Sept. 25-30, 2011.
-  Y. Nakabo, M. Ishikawa, H. Toyoda, and S. Mizuno, “1 ms Column Parallel Vision System and Its Application of High Speed Target Tracking,” in IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.1, pp. 650-655, 2000.
-  H. Oku and M. Ishikawa, “High-Speed Autofocusing of a Cell Using Diffraction Pattern,” Optics Express, Vol.14, No.9, pp. 3952-3960, 2006.
-  T. Hasegawa, N. Ogawa, H. Oku, and M. Ishikawa, “A New Framework for Microrobotic Control of Motile Cells Based on High-Speed Tracking and Focusing,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3964-3969, 2008.
-  T. Obara, Y. Igarashi, and K. Hashimoto, “Fast and Adaptive Auto-Focusing Algorithm for Microscopic Cell Observation,” in IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 7-12, Sept. 25-30, 2011.
-  H. Sasaki, K. Nomura, H. Nakajima, and K. Kobayashi, “Tracking of Moving Object by Phase-only Correlation,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.12, No.5, pp. 541-544, 2000.
-  M. Hashimoto, Y. Matsui, and K. Takahashi, “Moving-Object Tracking with In-Vehicle Multi-Laser Range Sensors,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.3, pp. 367-377, 2008.
-  K. Shimonomura, K. Inoue, S. Kameda, and T. Yagi, “A Novel Robot Vision Applicable to Real-time Target Tracking,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.15, No.2, pp. 185-191, 2003.
-  N. Ogawa, H. Oku, K. Hashimoto, and M. Ishikawa, “Trajectory Planning of Motile Cell for Microrobotic Applications,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 190-197, 2007.
-  Y. Watanabe, T. Komuro, S. Kagami, and M. Ishikawa, “Multitarget tracking using a vision chip and its applications to real-time visual measurements,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 121-129, 2005.
-  J. M. Geusebroek, F. Cornelissen, A. W. Smeulders, and H. Geerts, “Robust Autofocusing in Microscopy,” Cytometry, Vol.39, pp. 1-9, 2000.
-  M. Frigo, and S. G. Johnson, “The Design and Implementation of FFTW3,” Proc. of the IEEE, Vol.93, No.2, pp. 216-231, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.