Model Tests of Regolith Packaging Mechanism
Daisuke Inoue*, Yoshitaka Yanagihara*, Hiroshi Ueno**,
and Shin’ichiro Nishida**
*Tokyu Construction Co., Ltd., 3062-1 Tana, Chuo-ku, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 252-0244, Japan
**Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, 2-1-1 Sengen, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8505, Japan
-  T. Yoshimitsu, M. Ootsuka, T. Kubota, and I. Nakatani, “Semi-Autonomous Telescience System for Planetary Exploration Rover,” J. Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.12, No.4, pp. 432-437, 2000.
-  N. Yoshioka, “Mission-Task Support Aspects of Planetary Rover for Surface Analysis,” J. Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.12, No.4, pp. 438-442, 2000.
-  S. Hirose and H. Kuwabara, “Design of Three-wheeled Planetary Rover Tri-StarII,” J. Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.12, No.4, pp. 446-452, 2000.
-  K. Tadakuma, M. Matsumoto, and S. Hirose, “Mechanical Design and Basic Run Experiments with the Tri-StarIII – Horizontal Polyarticular Expandable 3-Wheeled Planetary Rover,” J. Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.6, 2008.
-  M. Okumura, Y. Ohashi, T. Ueno, S. Motoyui, and K. Murakawa, “Lunar Base Construction Using the Reinforce Earth Method with Geotextile,” Proc. ASCE Space’94, Vol.2, pp. 1106-1115, 1994.
-  J. Kaplicky and D. Nixon, “A Surface-Assembled Superstructure Envelope System to Support Regolith Mass-Shielding for an Initial-Operational-Capability Lunar Base,” Lunar Bases and Space Activities of the 21st Century, Lunar and Planetary Institute, pp. 375-380, 1985.
-  Eagle Engineering, “Lunar Surface Construction & Assembly Equipment Study,” EEI Report, No.88-194, 1988.
-  M. Okumura, Y. Ohashi, T. Ueno, S. Motoyui, and K. Murakawa, “Foundation Slab for Lunar Base Construction,” Proc. ASCE Space���94, Vol.2, pp. 1128-1137, 1994.
-  Y. Nakamura, “Shallow moonquakes – How they compare with earthquakes,” Proc. 11th Lunar and Planetary Science Conf., Vol.3, pp. 1847-1853, 1980.
-  H. Kanamori, S. Udagawa, T. Yoshida, S. Matsumoto, and K. Takagi, “Properties of lunar soil simulant manufactured in Japan,” Proc. ASCE Space’98, pp. 462-468, 1998.
-  W. D. Carrier, G. R. Olhoeft, and W. Mendell, “Physical Properties of the Lunar Surface,” Lunar Sourcebook, Cambridge University Press, 1991.
-  T. Kobayashi, H. Ochiai, N. Yasufuku, K. Omine, S. Aoki, H. Kanamori, K. Matsui, and A. Miyamae, “Load-settlement Characteristics of Japanese Lunar Soil Simulant in Partial Gravity,” Space Resources Roundtable VIII, pp. 37-38, 2006.
-  H. Matsuoka and S. Liu, “A New Earth Reinforcement Method Using Soilbags,” Taylor & Francis, 2005.
-  L. D. Fuglsang and N. K. Ovesen, “The application of the theory of modeling to centrifuge studies,” Taylor & Francis, Centrifuge in Soil Mechanics, pp. 119-38, 1988.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.