Master-Slave Control Method for Hydraulic Excavator
Hiroshi Yoshinada*, Kenji Okamura**, and Shinich Yokota***
*Osaka University, 2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita-shi, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
**Komatsu Ltd., 1200 Manda, Hiratsuka-shi, Kanagawa 254-8567, Japan
***Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta-cho, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8503, Japan
A new master-slave controlmethod is presented with a different configuration that will suit a hydraulic excavator operation. A new coordinate conversion method between master and slave manipulators is introduced. This method provides good agreement in direction of movement between master and slave manipulators in the almost entire work area without any mode change. The authors also developed a new 3-dimensional joystick as a master manipulator that has affinity with a conventional joystick and gives a comfortable feeling to conservative operators. In this paper, an outline of the new method is described and results of evaluation tests are presented.
-  Y. Yokokoji, “Interface Design of Rescue Robot Operation,” J. of The Robot Society of Japan, Vol.22, No.5, pp. 566-569, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  N. Ito, E. Rohmer, E. Nakano, T. Hisatake, T. Sasaki, and S. Tango, “Development of an Operational Unit & Support Systems for the Easy Operation of a Hydraulic Excavator,” Proc. of SICE Tohoku Branch Workshop, No.217, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  H. Yamada, G. Ming-ds, and Z. Dingxuan, “Master-Slave Control for Construction Robot Teleoperation-Application of a Velocity Control with a Force Feedback Model,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.1, 2007.
-  E. Egawa, M. Ikuta, and M. Koseki, “Development of One-lever type Control System for Excavators,” Proc. of the 9th Symposium on Construction Robotics in Japan, pp. 241-248, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  H. Yamada, H. Kato, and T. Muto, “Master-Slave Control for Construction Robot Teleoperation,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.15, No.1, 2003.
-  Y. Shinihara, H. Usui, and Y. Fujii, “Development of Telerobotic Manipulators for Reactor Dismantling Work,” J. of The Robot Society of Japan, Vol.9, No.3, pp. 323-334, 1991 (in Japanese).
-  T. Ikeda, M. Inokuma, M. Nishiyama, and K. Okumura, “Development of Bilateral Manipulator for Deep Submergence Remotely Controlled Vehicle,” J. of the Kansai Society of Naval Architect, Vol.184, pp. 21-28, 1982 (in Japanese).
-  T. Iwamoto and H. Yamamoto, “Space Robotics Research in Hitachi MERL,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.6, No.5, 1994.
-  R. W. Uhrich and A. E. Munson, “Position and force feedback give manipulator precise control, ease of operation,” Hydraulics & Pneumatics, pp. 178-181, September 1973.
-  K. Ikuta, M. Nokata, and S. Aritomi, “Hyper Redundant Active Endoscope for Minimally Invasive Surgery,” J. of The Robot Society of Japan, Vol.16, No.4, pp. 569-575, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  K. Kishi, K. Kan, M. G. Fujie, K. Sudo, S. Takamoto, and T. Dohi, “Dual-Armed Surgical Master-Slave Manipulator System with MR Compatibility,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.17, No.3, 2005.
-  K. Tadano, K. Kawashima, K. Kojima, and N. Tanaka, “Development of a Pneumatic Surgical Manipulator IBIS IV,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.2, 2010.
-  Y. Yokokoji, “Control Theory of Master-slave System,” J. of The Robot Society of Japan, Vol.11, No.6, pp. 794-802, 1993 (in Japanese).
-  T. Arai and E. Nakano, “Bilateral Master-Slave Control for Manipulators with Different Configurations,” J. of The Robot Society of Japan, Vol.4, No.5, pp. 469-479, 1986 (in Japanese).
-  H. Yoshinada, S. Takeda, K. Okamura, and S. Yokota, “Development of Large Scale Bi-lateral Manipulator for Heavy Industries,” Proc. of 8th JFPS Int. Symposium on Fluid Power, pp. 324-329, 2011.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.