Automatic Surgical Workflow Estimation Method for Brain Tumor Resection Using Surgical Navigation Information
Ryoichi Nakamura*, Tomoaki Aizawa*, Yoshihiro Muragaki**,***,
Takashi Maruyama**,***, and Hiroshi Iseki**,***
*Division of Artificial Systems Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Chiba University, 1-33 Yayoi-cho, Inage-ku, Chiba 263-8522, Japan
**Institute of Advanced Biomedical Engineering and Science, Tokyo Women’s Medical University, 8-1 Kawadacho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 163-8522, Japan
***Department of Neurosurgery, Tokyo Women’s Medical University, 8-1 Kawadacho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 163-8522, Japan
-  T. Neumuth, P. Jannin et al., “Analysis of surgical intervention populations using generic surgical process models,” Int. J. of computer assisted radiology and surgery, Vol.6, No.1, pp. 59-71, 2011.
-  A. Krauss, O. J. Muensterer et al., “Workflow analysis of laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication in infant pigs – A model for surgical feedback and training,” Journal of laparoendoscopic & advanced surgical techniques, Vol.19, Suppl. 1, pp. s117-s122, 2009.
-  N. Padoy, T. Blum et al., “Statistical modeling and recognition of surgical workflow,” Medical image analysis, 2010.
-  L. Bouarfa, P. Jonker, and J. Dankelman, “Discovery of high-level tasks in the operating room,” J. of biomedical informatics, Vol.44, No.3, pp. 455-462, 2011.
-  A James, D Vieira et al., “Eye-Gaze Driven Surgical Workflow Segmentation,” Proc. of Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv, pp. 110-117, 2007.
-  B. Bhatia, T. Oates et al., “Real-time identification of operating room state from video,” Proc. of Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence, pp. 1761-1766, 2007.
-  T. Aizawa, R. Nakamura, T. Maruyama, Y. Muragaki, and H. Iseki, “Method to estimate the end time of brain tumor resection by using surgical navigation information,” Int. J. of CARS, Vol.6, Suppl. 1, pp. S141-S142, 2011.
-  H. Iseki, R. Nakamura, Y. Muragaki, T. Suzuki, M. Chernov, T. Hori, and K. Takakura, “Advanced computer-aided intraoperative technologies for information-guided surgical management of gliomas: Tokyo Women’s Medical University experience,” Minim Invasive Neurosurg, Vol.515, pp. 285-291, 2008.
-  Y. Muragaki, “Neurosurgical Technique: Brain Tumor,” Currently Practical Neurosugery, Vol.199, pp. 764-769, 2009 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.