Achievement of Hula Hooping by Robots Through Deriving Principle Structure Towards Flexible Spinal Motion
Yuriko Kakehashi, Tamon Izawa, Takuma Shirai,
Yuto Nakanishi, Kei Okada, and Masayuki Inaba
The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
-  D. Bussell, P. Linton, and Royal Ballet School (Great Britain), “The young dancer,” Dorling Kindersley, 1994.
-  J. Or, “Towards the development of emotional dancing humanoid robots,” Int. J. of Social Robotics, Vol.1, No.4, pp. 367-382, 2009.
-  T. K. Caughey, “Hula-hoop: an example of heteroparametric excitation,” American J. of Physics, Vol.28, p. 104, 1960.
-  Y. Yoshitake, A. Harada, A. Fukushima, K. Sakaguchi, and T. Ishibashi, “Dynamics of hula-hoop in horizontal plane (periodic solutions and chaos),” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.71, No.707, pp. 2172-2179, 2005.
-  A. P. Seyranian and A. O. Belyakov, “How to twirl a hula hoop,” American J. of Physics, Vol.79, p. 712, 2011.
-  J. Nishizaki, S. Nakaura, and M. Sampei, “Modeling and control of hula-hoop system,” Proc. of the 48th IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, held jointly with the 2009 28th Chinese Control Conf., CDC/CCC 2009, pp. 4125-4130, IEEE, 2009.
-  I. Mizuuchi, Y. Nakanishi, Y. Sodeyama, Y. Namiki, T. Nishino, N. Muramatsu, J. Urata, K. Hongo, T. Yoshikai, and M. Inaba, “An advanced musculoskeletal humanoid kojiro,” 2007 7th IEEE-RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, pp. 294-299, IEEE, 2007.
-  Y. Kakehashi, T. Izawa, T. Shirai, Y. Nakanishi, K. Okada, and M. Inaba, “The trials of hula hooping by a musculo-skeletal humanoid kojiro nearing dancing motions using the soft spine,” 2011 11th IEEE-RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids), pp. 423-428, IEEE, 2011.
-  R. Balasubramaniam and M. T. Turvey, “Coordination modes in the multisegmental dynamics of hula hooping,” Biological cybernetics, Vol.90, No.3, pp. 176-190, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.