Finger-Mounted Tactile Sensor for Evaluating Surfaces
Ryo Kikuuwe, Kenta Nakamura, and Motoji Yamamoto
Kyushu University, 744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
1. This paper is the full translation from the transactions of JSME, Series C, Vol.77, No.784, 2011.
-  A. Kumar, “Computer-vision-based Fabric Defect Detection: A Survey,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.55, No.1, pp. 348-363, 2008.
-  T. J. Kang, S. C. Kim, I. H. Sul, J. R. Youn, and C. Kwansoo, “Fabric Surface Roughness Evaluation Using Wavelet-fractal Method: Part I: Wrinkle, Smoothness and Seam Pucker,” Textile Research J., Vol.75, No.11, pp. 751-760, 2005.
-  S. C. Kim and T. J. Kang, “Fabric Surface Roughness Evaluation Using Wavelet-fractal Method: Part II: Fabric Pilling Evaluation,” Textile Research J., Vol.75, No.11, pp. 761-770, 2005.
-  M. Carfagni, R. Furferi, and L. Governi, “A Real-time Machinevision System for Monitoring the Textile Raising Process,” Computers in Industry, Vol.56, No.8, pp. 831-842, 2005.
-  L. H. Siew, R. M. Hodgson, and E. J. Wood, “Texture Measures for Carpet Wear Assessment,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 92-105, 1988.
-  S. Kawabata, “The Standardization and Analysis of Hand Evaluation,” 2nd edition, The Textile Machinery Society of Japan, 1980.
-  A. De Boos and D. Tester, “SiroFAST – Fabric Assurance by Simple Testing,” In H. M. Behery (Ed.), Effect of Mechanical And Physical Properties on Fabric Hand, Appendix B, Woodhead Publishing Limited, 2005.
-  S. A. Hosseini Ravandi, K. Toriumi, and Y. Matsumoto, “Spectral Analysis of the Stick-slip Motion of Dynamic Friction in the Fabric Surface,” Textile Research J., Vol.64, No.4, pp. 224-229, 1994.
-  E. Yi and G. Cho, “Fabric Sound Parameters and Their Relationship with Mechanical Properties,” Textile Research J., Vol.70, No.9, pp. 828-836, 2000.
-  Y. Na and G. Cho, “Variations in Sensibility to Fabric Frictional Sound by Fiber Type and Subject,” Textile Research J., Vol.73, No.9, pp. 837-842, 2003.
-  E. Yi, G. Cho, Y. Na, and J. G. Casali, “A Fabric Sound Evaluation System for Totally Auditory-sensible Textiles,” Textile Research J., Vol.72, No.7, pp. 638-644, 2002.
-  J.-M. Praëne, C. Breugnot, M.-A. Bueno, and J.-P. Roll, “Mechanoacoustical Discrimination of Hairy Fabrics from Neurosensorial Criteria,” Textile Research J., Vol.77, No.7, pp. 462-470, 2007.
-  M. Tanaka, Y. Tanaka, and S. Chonan, “Measurement and Evaluation of Tactile Sensations Using a PVDF Sensor,” J. of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 35-42, 2008.
-  Y. Tanaka, M. Tanaka, and S. Chonan, “Measurement of Tactile Sensation Using Sensor System for Collecting Tactile Information,” Trans. JSME Series C, Vol.73, No.727, pp. 817-824. 2007 (in Japanese).
-  W. J. Thorsen and P. Veneklasen, “The Spectral Distribution of Sound Produced by Fibers and Fabrics in Friction: Part I: Improved Instrumentation,” Textile Research J., Vol.31, No.9, pp. 804-809, 1961.
-  W. J. Thorsen, “The Spectral Distribution of Sound Produced by Fibers and Fabrics in Friction: Part II: Variations with Fabric Hand, Fuzziness, Wrinkledness, and Textile Mechanical and Finishing Processes,” Textile Research J., Vol.32, No.8, pp. 670-676, 1962.
-  Y. Tanaka, M. Tanaka, and S. Chonan, “Development of a Sensor System for Collecting Tactile Information,” Microsystem Technologies, Vol.13, No.8-10, pp. 1005-1013, 2007.
-  M. Tanaka, S. Chonan, Z. Jiang, and H. Nakajima, “Measurement and Valuation of Touch Sensation: Tactile Perception of Forefinger Compared with PVDF Sensor Output,” Trans. JSME Series C, Vol.65, No.631, pp. 970-976, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  K. Miyata, M. Tanaka, T. Nishizawa, and S. Chonan, “Wearable Tactile Sensor System for Reading Braille,” Int. J. of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, Vol.23, No.3-4, pp. 203-215, 2006.
-  M. Tanaka, H. Hayashi, J. L. Lévêque, H. Tagami, K. Kikuchi, and S. Chonan, “Development of a Haptic Sensor for Monitoring Skin Conditions,” Trans. JSME Series C, Vol.69, No.685, pp. 2381-2388, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  M. Tanaka, M. Kamei, M. Furubayashi, Z. W. Jiang, Y. Tanahashi, and S. Chonan, “Development of a Palpation Sensor for Detecting Prostatic Cancer and Hypertrophy: Signal Processing on Clinical Data,” Trans. JSME Series C, Vol.65, No.636, pp. 3296-3301, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  “Piezo Film Sensors, Technical Manual,” Measurement Specialities, Inc., 2008.
-  J. Dargahi, “A Piezoelectric Tactile Sensor with Three Sensing Elements for Robotic, Endoscopic and Prosthetic Applications,” Sensors and Actuators, Vol.80, No.1, pp. 23-30, 2000.
-  M. Tanaka and Y. Numazawa, “Rating and Valuation of Human Haptic Sensation,” Int. J. of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, Vol.19, No.1-4, pp. 573-579, 2004.
-  F. Tabuchi, R. Kikuuwe, and M. Yamamoto, “Quantifying Difference among Fabrics Based on Vibration Induced by Friction between Fabrics,” Proc. of 8th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conference, 2A3-4, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  R. Kikuuwe, F. Tabuchi, and M. Yamamoto, “Identification of Fabrics by Using Frictional Sounds between Fabrics,” Proc. of JSME Robotics and Mechatronics Conference, 1P1-I03, 2008 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.