Force Characteristics for Fine Deformation of CMC Touch Sensor and Estimation of Force Variance Using Hybrid Tactile Sensor System
Takuya Kawamura, Ko Nejigane, Kazuo Tani, and Hironao Yamada
Department of Human and Information Systems, Gifu University, 1-1 Yanagido, Gifu 501-1193, Japan
-  C. Kuzuya, A. Ueda, and K. Kawabe, “Application of CMC to tactile sensor,” Materials Integration, Vol.17, No.8, pp. 9-16, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  M. Homma, H. Morita, T. Maeno, M. Konyo, and S. Motojima, “Electromechanical conversion mechanism of a tactile sensor using carbon micro coil inside an elastic material,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.3, pp. 235-241, 2006.
-  M. K. Johnson and E. H. Adelson, “Retrographic sensing for the measurement of surface texture and shape,” Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), pp. 1070-1077, 2009.
-  Y. Ito, Y. Kim, and G. Obinata, “Slippage degree estimation by using vision-based tactile sensor for dexterous handling,” Proc. 9th IFAC Symp. on Robot Control, pp. 403-408, 2009.
-  S. Saga, M. Konyo, and K. Deguchi, “Comparison of spatial and temporal characteristic between reflection-type tactile sensor and human cutaneous sensation,” Proc. 18th IEEE Int. Symp. on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN2009), pp. 22-27, 2009.
-  Y. Kato, T. Hayakawa, and T. Mukai, “Soft Areal Tactile Sensor Using Tomography Algorithm,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.4, pp. 628-633, 2008.
-  M. Ohka, Y. Mitsuya, Y. Matsunaga, and S. Takeuchi, “Sensing characteristics of an optical three-axis tactile sensor under combined loading,” Robotica, Vol.22, pp. 213-221, 2004.
-  H. Yussof, N. Morisawa, J. Wada, and M. Ohka, “Handling capabilities of two robot hands equipped with optical three-axis tactile sensor,” Proc. 18th IEEE Int. Symp. on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN2009), pp. 165-170, 2009.
-  K. Kamiyama, K. Vlack, H. Kajimoto, N. Kawakami, and S. Tachi, “Vision-based sensor for real-time measuring of surface traction fields,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol.25, No.1, pp. 68-75, 2005.
-  K. Sato, K. Kamiyama, N. Kawakami, and S. Tachi, “Finger-shaped GelForce: sensor for measuring surface traction fields for robotic hand,” IEEE Trans. on Haptics, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 37-47, 2010.
-  S. Teshigawara, K. Tadakuma, A. Ming, M. Ishikawa, and M. Shimojo, “Development of high-sensitivity slip sensor using special characteristics of pressure conductive rubber,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA2009), pp. 3289-3294, 2009.
-  S. Teshigawara, K. Tadakuma, A. Ming, M. Ishikawa, and M. Shimojo, “High speed and high sensitivity slip sensor utilizing characteristics of conductive rubber – relationship between shear deformation of conductive rubber and resistance change –,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.2, pp. 200-208, 2009.
-  T. Kawamura, Y. Li, M. Nakanishi, and K. Tani, “Evaluation of CMC touch sensor for fine deformation,” Proc. 25th Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, 3O19, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  K. Nejigane, T. Kawamura, and K. Tani, “Relationship between force and output of CMC touch sensor for fine deformation,” Proc. 58th Annual Conf. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers Tokai Branch, pp. 219-220, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  T. Kawamura, K. Nejigane, and K. Tani, “Proposal of a Hybrid Tactile Sensor System and its Evaluation Method for Fine Deformation,” Proc. 2010 Int. Symp. on Robotics and Intelligent Sensors (IRIS2010), pp.157-162, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.