RTMEXTender: Developer Support Tool for OpenRTM
Hiroaki Yaguchi, Tomoaki Yoshikai, Kei Okada,
and Masayuki Inaba
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
Development using OpenRTM faces two problems: few support tools are officially provided, and a software distribution policy has not been established thus far. We have developed an OpenRTM developer support tool package, RTMEXTender, which includes a package management system and a launcher mechanism. Its main objective is to provide three functional elements: a package dependency solver, a oneline chain builder using dependency, and a one-line multi-process launcher for large complex RTM systems. In this paper, we introduce the system construction of RTMEXTender and its philosophy, and compare it with ROS tools. Its availability is demonstrated using an example of an image conversion library between OpenRTM and OpenCV.
and Masayuki Inaba, “RTMEXTender: Developer Support Tool for OpenRTM,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.24, No.2, pp. 408-415, 2012.
-  N. Ando, T. Suehiro, K. Kitagaki, T. Kotoku, and W.-K. Yoon, “Rtmiddleware: Distributed component middleware for rt (robot technology),” In 2005 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2005), pp. 3555-3560, Aug. 2005.
-  T. Yoshikai, K. Nagahama, H. Kobori, T. Akimoto, I. A. Alba, T. Ito, K. Okada, and M. Inaba, “Realization of multi robot application by mutual connection of rtm and ros based on euslisp,” In Proc. of the 11th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf., pp. 3B2-2, Dec. 2010.
-  Y. Odagiri, H. Nakamoto, and H. Nishinohara, “Framework for rt component development,” In The 29th Annual Conf. on Robotics Society of Japan, pp. 3B1-2, Sep. 2011.
-  T. Ninomiya, Y. Kojima, Y. Tsubata, T. Ogasawara, Y. Suzuki, H. Tanaka, Y. Matsumoto, and S. Hirai, “A research of reusability improvement of rt component (3rd report),” In The 29th Annual Conf. on Robotics Society of Japan, pp. 3B1-4, Sep. 2011.
-  F. Kanehiro, H. Hirukawa, and S. Kajita, “OpenHRP: Open Architecture Humanoid Robotics Platform,” Vol.23, No.2, pp. 155-165, 2007.
-  G. Biggs, N. Ando, and T. Kotoku, “Open-source software in the rtmiddleware project,” In The 29th Annual Conf. on Robotics Society of Japan, pp. 2Q1-1, Sep. 2011.
-  M. Quigley, K. Conley, B. P. Gerkey, J. Faust, T. Foote, J. Leibs, R. Wheeler, and A. Y. Ng, “Ros: an open-source robot operating system,” In CRA Workshop on Open Source Software, 2009.
-  N. Ando, S. Kurihara, G. Biggs, and T. Kotoku, “The RTComponent Manager in the OpenRTM-aist-1.0,” In 2010 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, pp. 2A1-G02, Jun. 2010.
-  K. Taura, “GXP: An Interactive Shell for the Grid Environment,” In Int. Workshop on Innovative Architecture for Future Generation High-Performance Processors and Systems, 2004.
- [a] N. Ando, OpenRTM-aist official website, http://www.openrtm.org/.
- [b] N. Ando, RTSystemEditor-1.0.0, http://www.openrtm.org/openrtm/ja/content/rtsystemeditor-1.
- [c] Eclipse Foundation. Eclipse – The Eclipse Foundation open source community website, http://www.eclipse.org/.
- [d] N. Ando, RTCBuilder-1.0.0, http://www.openrtm.org/openrtm/ja/content/rtcbuilder-100.
- [e] T. Yoshikai, rtmeus – EusLisp interface for OpenRTM-aist, http://code.google.com/p/rtmeus/.
- [f] G. Biggs, rtctree, http://www.openrtm.org/openrtm/ja/content/rtctree.
- [g] G. Biggs, rtshell, http://www.openrtm.org/openrtm/ja/content/rtshell.
- [h] Willow Garage, ROS.org, http://www.ros.org/.
- [i] Object Management Group, Welcome To The OMG’s CORBA Website, http://www.corba.org/.
- [j] UserLand Software, Inc. Home, http://xmlrpc.scripting.com/.
- [k] Y. Matsusaka, OpenHRI, http://openhri.net/.
- [l] Willow Garage, Repositories, http://www.ros.org/wiki/Repositories.
- [m] Willow Garage, OpenCV, http://opencv.willowgarage.com/.
- [n] N. Ando, RTSProfile, http://www.openrtm.org/schema/rts profile/0.2/rts profile.xsd.
Supporting Online Materials:
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.