Attitude Determination by Globally and Asymptotically Stable Estimation of Gyroscope Bias Error with Disturbance Attenuation and Rejection
Hideaki Yamato, Takayuki Furuta, and Ken Tomiyama
Future Robotics Technology Center, Chiba Institute of Technology, 2-17-1 Tsudanuma, Narashino, Chiba 275-0016, Japan
-  H. Fourati, N. Manamanni, L. Afilal, and Y. Handrich, “A Rigid Body Attitude Estimation for Bio-Logging Application: A Quaternion-Based Nonlinear Filter Approach,” The 2009 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, St. Louis, USA, pp. 558-563, 2009.
-  M. Euston, P. Coote, R. Mahony, J. Kim, and T. Hamel, “A Complementary Filter for Attitude Estimation of a Fixed-Wing UAV,” The 2008 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Nice, France, pp. 340-345, 2008.
-  S. Suzuki, M. Tawara, D. Nakazawa, and K. Nonami, “Research on Attitude Estimation Algorithm under Dynamic Acceleration,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.26, No.6, pp. 626-634, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  E. Foxlin, “Inertial Head-Tracker Sensor Fusion by a Complementary Separate-Bias Kalman Filter,” IEEE Virtual Reality Annual Int. Symposium, Santa Clara, USA, pp. 185-194, 1996.
-  P. Setoodeh, A. Khayatian, and E. Frajah, “Attitude Estimation By Separate-Bias Kalman Filter-Based Data Fusion,” The J. of Navigation, Vol.57, No.2, pp. 261-273, 2004.
-  H. Rehbinder and X. Hu, “Drift-free attitude estimation for accelerated rigid bodies,” Automatica, Vol.40, pp. 653-659, 2004.
-  Y. S. Suh, S. K. Park, H. J. Kang, and Y. S. Ro, “Attitude Estimation Adaptively Compensating External Acceleration,” JSME Int. J., Series C, Vol.49, No.1, pp. 172-179, 2006.
-  X. Yun and E. R. Bachmann, “Design, Implementation, and Experimental Results of a Quaternion-Based Kalman-Filter for Human Body Motion Tracking,” IEEE Trans. Robotics, Vol.22, No.6, pp. 1216-1227, 2006.
-  G. Wahba, “Problem 65-1, A Least Squares Estimation of Satellite Attitude,” SIAM Review, Vol.7, No.3, p. 409, 1965.
-  P. Davenport, “A Vector Approach to the Algebra of Rotations with Applications,” NASA Technical Note, Goddard Space Flight Center, NASA TN D-4696, 1968.
-  J. Keat, “Analysis of Least-Square Attitude Determination Routine DOAOP,” NASA Contractor Report (CR), NASA-CR-183450, 1977.
-  M. D. Shuster and S. D. Oh, “Three-Axis Attitude Determination from Vector Observations,” AIAA J. of Guidance and Control, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 70-77, 1981.
-  J. K. Thienel and R. M. Sanner, “A Coupled Nonlinear Spacecraft Attitude Controller and Observer with an Unknown Constant Gyro Bias and Gyro Noise,” IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, Vol.48, No.11, pp. 2011-2015, 2003.
-  J. L. Crassidis, F. L. Markley, and Y. Cheng, “Survey of Nonlinear Attitude Estimation Methods,” AIAA J. of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol.30, No.1, pp. 12-28, 2007.
-  M. D. Shuster, “A Survey of Attitude Representations,” AAS The J. of the Astronautical Sciences, Vol.41, No.4, pp. 439-517, 1993.
-  H. Baruh, “ANALYTICAL DYNAMICS,” pp. 355-390, McGraw-Hill, 1999.
-  J. S.-C. Yuan, “Closed-Loop Manipulator Control Using Quaternion Feedback,” IEEE J. of Robotics and Automation, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 434-440, 1988.
-  H. K. Khalil, “Nonlinear Systems, 3rd Ed.,” pp. 111-181, Prentice Hall, 2001.
-  F. L. Markley, “Attitude Determination Using Vector Observations: A Fast Optimal Matrix Algorithm,” AAS The J. of The Astronautical Sciences, Vol.41, No.2, pp. 261-280, 1993.
-  F. L.Markley, “Attitude Determination Using Two Vector Measurements,” AIAA 1999 Flight Mechanics Symposium, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, USA, pp. 39-52, 1999.
-  I. Y. Bar-Itzhack, “New Method for Extracting the Quaternion from a Rotation Matrix,” AIAA J. of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol.23, No.6, pp. 1085-1087, 2000.
-  F. L. Markley, “Unit Quaternion from Rotation Matrix,” AIAA J. of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol.31, No.2, pp. 440-442, 2008.
-  M. D. Shuster, “Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Spacecraft Attitude,” AAS J. of the Astronautical Science, Vol.37, No.1, pp. 79-88, 1989.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.