Technologizing and DigitalizingMedical Professional Skills for a Non-Invasive Ultrasound Theragnostic System – Technologizing and Digitalizing Kidney Stone Extraction Skills –
Norihiro Koizumi*, Deukhee Lee**, Joonho Seo*,
Takakazu Funamoto*, Akira Nomiya*, Akira Ishikawa*,
Kiyoshi Yoshinaka***, Naohiko Sugita*, Yoichiro Matsumoto*,
Yukio Homma*, and Mamoru Mitsuishi*
*School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
**Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST), Hwarangno 14-gil 5, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul 136-791, Republic of Korea
***Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), 1-2-1 Namiki, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8564, Japan
-  J. E. Kennedy et al., “High-intensity focused ultrasound: surgery of the future?,” in British Journal of Radiology, Vol.76, pp. 590-599, 2003.
-  J. G. Lynn, R. L. Zwemer, A. J. Chick, and A. E. Miller, “A new method for the generation and use of focused ultrasound in experimental biology,” in J. Gen. Physiol., Vol.26, pp. 179-193, 1942.
-  T. Ikeda, S. Yoshizawa, M. Tosaki, J. S. Allen, S. Takagi, N. Ohta, T. Kitamura, and Y. Matsumoto, “Cloud Cavitation Control for Lithotripsy Using High Intensity Focused Ultrasound,” in Ultrasound Med Biol, Vol.32, No.9, pp. 1383-1397, 2006.
-  F. Wu, Z. L. Wang, Z. Zhang et al., “Acute biological effects of high-intensity focused ultrasound on H22 liver tumours in vivo,” in Chin. Ultrasound Med., Vol.13, No.3, 1997.
-  G. Tu, T. Y. Qiao, and S. He, “An experimental study on highintensity focused ultrasound in the treatment of VX-2 rabbit kidney tumours,” in Chin. J. Urol., Vol.20, No.8, 1999.
-  F. Wu, W. Z. Chen, J. Bai, J. Z. Zou, Z. L. Wang, H. Zhu, and Z. B. Wang, “Pathological changes in malignant carcinoma treated with high-intensity focused ultrasound,” in Ultrasound Med. Biol. Vol.27, No.8, pp. 1099-1106, 2001.
-  J. E. Kennedy et al., “High-intensity focused ultrasound for the treatment of liver tumours,” in Ultrasound Med. Biol., Vol.42, pp. 931-935, 2004.
-  T. Yoshikawa and K. Henmi, “Modeling of human hand link structure from optical motion capture data,” in Experimental Robotics VIII (in the new STAR series: Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics), Bruno Siciliano and Paolo Dario (Eds.), Springer, pp. 351-360, 2003.
-  M. Higashimori, K. Utsumi, Y. Omoto, and M. Kaneko, “Dynamic manipulation inspired by the handling of a pizza peel,” in IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.25, pp. 829-838, 2009.
-  N. Miyata, M. Kouchi, T. Kurihara, and M. Mochimaru, “Modeling of human hand link structure from optical motion capture data,” in Proc. of the 2004 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 2129-2135, 2004.
-  H. Mayer, F. Gomez, D. Wierstra, I. Nagy, A. Knoll and J. Schmidhuber, “A system for robotic heart surgery that learns to tie knots using Recurrent Neural Networks,” in Proc. of the 2006 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 543-548, 2006.
-  G. Zong, Y. Hu, D. Li, and X. Sun, “Visually Servoed Suturing for Robotic Micro Surgical Keratoplasty,” in Proc. of the 2006 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 2358-2363, 2006.
-  N. Koizumi, S. Warisawa, M. Nagoshi, H. Hashizume, and M. Mitsuishi, “Construction methodology for a remote ultrasound diagnostic system,” in IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.25, pp. 522-538, 2009.
-  N. Koizumi, T. Tsurumi, S. Warisawa, H. Hashizume, and M. Mitsuishi, “Probe positioning support utilizing shoulder model for ultrasound diagnosis,” in Proc. of 2006 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robotics and Systems, Vol.1, pp. 155-161, 2006.
-  N. Koizumi, J. Seo, Y. Suzuki, D. Lee, K. Ota, A. Nomiya, S. Yoshizawa, K. Yoshinaka, N. Sugita, H. Homma, Y. Matsumoto, and M. Mitsuishi, “A control framework for the non-invasive ultrasound theragnostic system,” in Proc. of 2009 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robotics and Systems, pp. 4511-4516, 2009.
-  J. A. McAteer, J. C. Williams, A. P. Evan, R. O. Cleveland, J. V. Cauwelaert, M. R. Bailey, and D. A. Lifshitz, “Ultracal-30 gypsum artificial stones for research on the mechanisms of stone breakage in shock wave lithotripsy,” in Urol Res, Vol.33, pp. 429-434, 2005.
-  N. Koizumi, J. Seo, D. Lee, T. Funamoto, A. Nomiya, K. Yoshinaka, N. Sugita, H. Homma, Y. Matsumoto, and M. Mitsuishi, “Robust kidney stone tracking for a non-Invasive ultrasound theragnostic system – Servoing performance and safety enhancement –,” in Proc. of the 2011 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2443-2450, 2011.
-  V. R. Singh and S. Singh, “Ultrasonic parameters of renal calculi,” in Proc. of the 20th Annual Int. Conf. of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology society, Vol.20, pp. 862-864, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.