Development of a Passive Turn Type Skiing Robot with Variable Height Mechanism of Gravitational Center
Kengo Kono and Norihiko Saga
Faculty of Science and Technology, Kwansei Gakuin University, 2-1 Gakuen, Sanda, Hyogo 669-1337, Japan
-  K. Hosokawa, S. Kawai, and T. Sakata, “Improvement of damping property of skis,” Sports Engineering, pp. 107-112, 2002.
-  V. N. Khmelev, S. V. Levin, S. N. Tsyganok, A. V. Shalunov, and E. V. Chipurin, “The New Technology of Sliding Ski Surface Covering,” Proc. Sixth Annual 2005 Int. Siberian Workshop and Tutorials on Electron Devices and Materials, 2005, pp. 86-89, 2005.
-  T. Sakata andM. Tsukiyama, “Effects of Position of Shoe Center on Ski Turn,” JSME Int. J. Series C, Vol.42, No.4, pp. 922-929, 1999.
-  N. Tada and Y. Hirano, “In Search of the Mechanics of a Turning Alpine Ski Using Snow Cutting Force Measurements,” Sports Engineering, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 15-22, 2002.
-  S. Kawai, H. Otani, and T. Sakata, “Coupled Motion of Ski and Elastic Foundation Under Ski Control,” JSME Int. J. Series C, Vol.46, No.2, pp. 614-621, 2003.
-  T. Sahashi and S. Ichino, “Coefficient of Kinetic Friction of Snow Skis during Turning Descents,” Japanese J. of Applied Physics, Vol.37, Part 1, No.2, pp. 720-727, 1998.
-  J.M.Morawski, “Control System Approach to a Ski-turn Analysis,” J. Biomechanics, Vol.6, pp. 267-279, 1973.
-  T. Sakata and T. Ito, “Simulation of Ski Turn,” Proc. Second Int. Conf. Engineering of Sports, pp. 361-368, 1998.
-  H. Kagawa, T. Yoneyama, A. Okamoto, and H. Komatsu, “Development of a Measuring System for Joint Angles of a Skier and Applied Forces during Skiing,” JSME Int. J. Series C, Vol.41, No.2, pp. 214-219, 1998.
-  S. Kawai, K. Yamaguchi, and T. Sakata, “Ski Control Model for Parallel Turn Using Multibody System,” JSME Int. J. Series C, Vol.47, No.4, pp. 1095-1100, 2004.
-  K. Hasegawa and S. Shimizu, “Dynamics of turning performed by an alpen skiing robot,” Japanese J. of Sports Sciences, Vol.4, No.12, pp. 971-979, 1985.
-  S. Shimizu, K. Hasegawa, and T. Mizusawa, “Alpine skiing robot,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.6, No.3, pp. 375-376, 1991.
-  T. Yoneyama and H. Kagawa, “Study on the effective turn motion using a ski robot,” The Engineering of Sport, Vol.4, pp. 463-469, 2002.
-  T. Yoneyama, H. Kagawa, M. Unemoto, T. Iizuka, and N. W. Scott, “A ski robot system for qualitative modeling of the carved turn,” Sports Engineering, Vol.11, No.3, pp. 131-141, 2009.
-  L. Lahajnar, A. Kos, and B. Nemec, “Skiing robot . design, control, and navigation in unstructured environment,” Robotica, Vol.27, pp. 567-577, 2008.
-  B. Nemec and L. Lahajnar, “Control and Navigation of the Skiing Robot,” The 2009 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2321-2326, 2009.
-  T. Petric, B. Nemec, J. Babic, and L. Zlajpah, “Multilayer Control of Skiing Robot,” The 2011 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 4832-4837, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.