Numerical Solution Using Nonlinear Least-Squares Method for Inverse Kinematics Calculation of Redundant Manipulators
Shunsuke Toritani, Ruhizan Liza Ahmad Shauri,
Kenzo Nonami, and Daigo Fujiwara
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Division of Artificial Systems Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Chiba University, 1-33 Yayoi-cho, Inage-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 263-8522, Japan
-  A. Liegeois, “Automatic Supervisory Control of the Configuration and Behavior of Multibody Mechanisms,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol.7, No.12, pp. 868-871, Dec. 1977.
-  T. Yoshikawa, “Analysis and control of robot manipulators with redundancy,” Robotics Research: The First Int. Symposium, M. Brady and R. Paul (Eds.), Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, pp. 735-747, 1984.
-  T. F. Chan and R. V. Dubey, “A Weighted Least-Norm Solution Based Scheme for Avoiding Joint Limits for Redundant Manipulators,” Proc. of the 1993 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 395-402, 1993.
-  A. S. Deo and I. D. Walker, “Robot Subtask Performance with Singularity Robustness using Optimal Damped Least-Squares,” Proc. of the 1992 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 434-441, 1992.
-  Y. Nakamura and H. Hanafusa, “Inverse Kinematics Solutions with Singularity Robustness for Robot Manipulator Control,” J. of Dynamic Systems Measurement and Control Vol.108, pp. 163-171, 1986.
-  C. W. Wampler, “Manipulator Inverse Kinematic Solutions Based on Vector Formulations and Damped Least-Squares Methods,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.SMC-16, No.1, pp. 93-101, 1986.
-  W. Shen and J. Gu, “Multi-Criteria Kinematics Control of the PA10-7C Robot Arm with Robust Singularities,” Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics, pp. 1242-1248, Dec. 2007.
-  A. S. Deo and I. D. Walker, “Adaptive Non-linear Least Squares for Inverse Kinematics,” Proc. of 1993 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 186-193, 1993.
-  S. K. Chan and P. D. Lawrence, “General Inverse Kinematics with the Error Damped Pseudoinverse,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 834-839, 1988.
-  R. Konietschke and G. Hirzinger, “Inverse Kinematics with Closed Form Solutions for Highly Redundant Robotic Systems,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2945-2950, 2009.
-  T. Sugihara, “Solvability-Unconcerned Inverse Kinematics by the Levenberg-Marquardt Methods,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.27, No.5, pp. 984-991, 2011.
-  A. A. Maciejewski and C. A. Klein, “Numerical Filtering for the Operation of Robotic Manipulators through Kinematically Singular Configurations,” J. of Robotic Systems, Vol.5, No.6, pp. 527-552, 1988.
-  K. Wedeward and A. Engelmann, “Singularity Robustness method for joint-space and task-space control,” Proc. of 1997 IEEE Int. Conf. on Control Applications, pp. 22-27, 1997.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.