Simulation Analysis of a Miniature Shutter Unit Using an Electromagnet for Digital Still Cameras and Video Cameras
Masayuki Sugasawa and Kohtaro Ohba
Department of Intelligent Interaction Technologies, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8577, Japan
Customers require that camera shutter and diaphragm size and power consumption are minimized but shutter speed maximized for the electromagnetic shutter units used in digital still-camera and video cameras. This paper describes the problems with past shutter and diaphragm units and proposes a new shutter unit based on simulation analysis. We compare the prototype model with simulated shutter speed data. Experimental results ascertain the effectiveness of this approach. Simulation results agreed quite well with experimental results.
-  T. Kobayashi, PENTAX Co., Ltd., “Curtain shutter device,” JP Pat., 2006-153988, 2006.
-  M. Ohno, Nihon Densan Copal Co., Ltd., “Diaphragm Device For Camera,” JP Pat. 2010-128357, 2010.
-  M. Sugasawa etc., SONY Co., Ltd., “Optical Device Actuator,” JP Pat. 2008-3129, 2008.
-  JMAG Product Catalog, JSOL Corporation.
-  Y. Kawase, T. Yamaguchi, K. Iwashita, T. Kobayashi, and K. Suzuki, “3-D Finite Element Analysis of Dynamic Characteristics of Electromagnet with Permanent Magnets,” IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol.42, No.4, pp. 1339-1342, 2006.
-  Y. Kawase, “Recent Large Scale 3-D Finite Element Analysis and Applications,” The Magnetic Society of Japan, Vol.28, No.10, pp. 1017-1022, 2004.
-  K. Fujiwara, T. Nakata, and H. Ohashi, “Improvement of Convergence Characteristic of ICCG Method for A-ΦMethod Using Edge Element,” IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol.32, No.3, pp. 804-807, 1996.
-  T. Nakata and N. Takahashi, “Numerical Analysis of Transient Magnetic Field in a Capacitor-Discharge Impulse Magnetizer,” IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol.22, No.5, pp. 526-528, 1996.
-  K. J. Binns, M. A. Jabbar, and W. R. Barnard, “Computation of the Magnetic Field of Permanent Magnets in Iron Cores,” Proc. IEE, Vol.122, No.12, pp. 1377-1381, 1975.
-  T. Nakata, N. Takahashi, K. Fujiwara, T. Imaiand, and K. Muramatsu, “Comparison of Various Methods of Analysis and Finite Elements in 3-D Magnetic Field Analysis,” IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol.27, No.5, pp. 4073-4076, 1991.
-  Y. Kawase, “3-D Finite Element Method Analysis of a Magnetic Field Taking Account of Armature Motion,” The Magnetic Society of Japan, Vol.23, No.8, pp. 1895-1900, 1999.
-  Magnet CM Series Catalog, TDK Corporation.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.