Development of the Real-Time Position Detection Sensor for the Small Projected Objects
Yusuke Kuromiya, Satoshi Ashizawa, Daiki Ando, and Takeo Oomichi
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Meijo University, 1-501 Shiogamaguchi, Tenpaku-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 468-8502, Japan
The ceiling dismantling robot that we developed cuts ceiling boards with a high-pressure water-jet cutter. The cutting operation of the ceiling board is done below the Light-Gauge Steel (LGS) attached to ceiling boards with screws. A magnetic sensor that detects LGS was developed for this robot system. The robot can dismantle ceiling boards because of a successful mock-up experiment. This paper describes the method of screw detection that targets saving water and reducing dust. There are several problems, for example, increased noise and detecting objects as early as possible. The validity of the proposed method was verified by detecting the screws using sensor in an experimental setup.
-  Ministry of land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, “Statistics on construction under taken,” 2010 (in Japanese).
-  J. Naito, G. Obinata, A. Nakayama, and K. Hase, “Development of a Wearable Robot for Assisting Carpentry Workers,” Int. J. of Advanced Robotic Systems, Vol.4, No.4, ISSN 1729-8806, pp. 431-436, 2007.
-  T. Abe and T. Sugimoto, “Distinguish the Buried Objects of Extremely Shallow Underground by Frequency Response Using Scanning Laser Doppler Vibrometer,” Proc. of Symposium on Ultrasonic Electronics, Vol.30, pp. 81-82, 2009.
-  S. Kitazawa, M. Odakura, K. Otani, and Y. Adachi, “Advanced Inspection Technologies for Energy Infrastructure,” HITACHI REVIEW, Vol.59, No.3, pp. 111-115, 2010.
-  S. Kawanami, M. Taniguchi, and Y. Tada, “Development of Phased-Array Ultrasonic Testing Probe,” MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES TECHNICAL REVIEW, Vol.38, No.3, pp. 121-125, 2001.
-  M. Ochiai, T. Miura, and S. Yamamoto, “Laser-Ultrasonic Nondestructive Testing and Its Application to Nuclear Industry,” TOSHIBA REVIEW, Vol.61, No.1, pp. 44-47, 2006 (in japanese).
-  T. Inayama, S. Ashizawa, Y. Kuromiya, T. Watanabe, T. Oomichi, and J. Maeda, “Development of High-Speed DismantlementMethod for Reuse of Ceiling Plasterboard,” Trans. of the Japan Society ofMechanical Engineers, Vol.76, No.769, C, pp. 76-769, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  S. Ashizawa, Y. Kuromiya, T.Watanabe, T. Oomichi, and J.Maeda, “Development of Dismantling Robot for Ceiling Boards – Human-Robot Cooperative System and System Design of the Robot –,” J. of Robotics Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 204-211, 2010.
-  Y. Kuromiya, S. Ashizawa, D. Ando, and T. Oomichi, “Development of Detection and Scanning Sensor Mechanism for the Concealed objects,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.3, pp. 253-261, 2010.
-  M. Kurita, “Simplified Equations for Rapidly Calculating a Parabola and Gaussian Function by the Least-Squares Method with Engineering Applications,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.54, No.508, A, pp. 2176-2180, 1988 (in Japanese).
-  I. Takuya, H. Munetoshi, O. Takeo, S. Shigeo, and K. Junpei, “Development of Network Plug-in Actuator,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 232-242, 2007.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.