GPU Acceleration in a Visual Servo System
Chuantao Zang and Koichi Hashimoto
Graduate School of Information Science, Tohoku University, 6-6-01 Aramaki-Aza Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
-  S. Hutchinson, G. D. Hager, and P. I. Corke, “A tutorial on visual servo control,” IEEE Trans. on Rob. and Autom., Vol.12, No.5, pp. 651-670, 1996.
-  G. Chesi and K. Hashimoto, “Configuration and robustness in visual servo,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 178-185, 2004.
-  C. Samson, M. L. Borgne, and B. Espiau, “Robot Control: the Task Function Approach,” Oxford University Press, USA, 1991.
-  G. Chesi and K. Hashimoto, “Visual Servoing via Advanced Numerical Methods,” pp. 133-149, Springer, 2010.
-  M. Vargas and E. Malis, “Visual servoing based on an analytical homography decomposition,” Proc. of the 44th IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control and European Control Conf., pp. 5379-5384, 2005.
-  Y. Fang, W. Dixon, D. Dawson, and P. Chawda, “Homographybased visual servoing of wheeled mobile robots,” Proc. of the 41st IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, Vol.3, pp. 2866-2871, 2002.
-  S. Benhimane and E.Malis, “Homography-based 2d visual tracking and servoing,” Int. J. of Robotic Research, Vol.26, No.7, pp. 661-676, 2007.
-  G. Silveira and E. Malis, “Direct Visual Servoing with respect to Rigid Objects,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, San Diego, USA, October 2007.
-  R. Hartley and A. Zisserman, “Multiple View Geometry in Computer Vision,” pp. 69-99, Cambridge University Press, 2000.
-  H. Y. Shum and R. Szeliski, “Systems and Experiment paper: Construction of panoramic image mosaics with global and local alignment,” Int. J. of Computer Vision, Vol.36, No.2, pp. 101-130, 2000.
-  S. Benhimane and E. Malis, “Real-time image-based tracking of planes using efficient second-order minimization,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots Systems, Sendai, Japan, 2004.
-  D. G. Lowe, “Object recognition from local scale-invariant features,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, Vol.2, pp. 1150-1157, 1999.
-  E. Malis, “Improving vision-based control using efficient secondorder minimization techniques IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation,” New Orleans, USA, April 2004.
-  E. Malis, “An efficient unified approach to direct visual tracking of rigid and deformable surfaces,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, San Diego, USA, October 2007.
-  Y. Ke and R. Sukthankar, “PCA-SIFT: A more distinctive representation for local image descriptors,” Proc. of the IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 506-513, 2004.
-  H. Bay, Y. Tuytelaars, and G. L. Van, “Speeded-Up Robust Features (SURF),” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.110, pp. 346-359, 2008.
-  S. Heymann, K. Muller, A. Smolic, B. Froehlich, and T. Wiegand, “SIFT implementation and optimization for general-purpose GPU,” in WSCG ’07, pp. 317-322, 2007.
-  C. Wu, J. Frahm, and M. Pollefeys, “Detecting Large Repetitive Structures with Salient Boundaries,” Proc. of the 11th European Conf. on Computer Vision: Part II, Springer-Verlag, pp. 142-155, 2010.
-  J. Shimamura, K. Arakawa, H. Arai, and T. Yasuno, “Multiple-Plane Detection based on Homography and Projected Line Detection for Use in a Projector-Camera System,” J. of The Institute of Image Information and Television Engineers, Vol.61, No.1, pp. 76-84, 2007.
-  NVIDIA, “CUDA Prograpming Guide,” Version 2.3, NVIDIA Corporation: Santa Clara, California.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.