Proposal of an Energy Saving Control Method for SCARA Robots
Guangqiang Lu, Sadao Kawamura, and Mitunori Uemura
Department of Robotics, Ritsumeikan University, 1-1-1 Nojihigashi, Kusatsu, Shiga, Japan
-  T. Ohde, “Advanced motion control of direct drive actuators,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Fuji Technology Press, Vol.1, No.4, pp. 322-322, 1989.
-  H. Asada and K. Y. Toumi, “Analysis and design of semi-directdrive robot arms,” American Control Conf. 1983, pp. 757-766, 1983.
-  T. McGeer, “Passive dynamic walking,” Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 62-82, 1990.
-  S. Wolf and G. Hirzinger, “A new variable stiffness design: matching requirements of the next robot generation,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation 2008, pp. 1741-1746, 2008.
-  R. Ham, T. Sugar, B. Vanderborght, K. Hollander, and D. Lefeber, “Compliant actuator designs,” Robotics & Automation Magazine, IEEE, pp. 81-94, 2009.
-  T. Morita and S. Sugano, “Design and development of a new robot joint using a mechanical impedance adjuster,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation 1995, Nagoya, Japan, pp. 2469-2475, May 1995.
-  G. Pratt and M. Williamson, “Series elastics actuators,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems 1995, pp. 399-406, 1995.
-  J. Yamaguchi, D. Nishino, and A. Takanishi, “Realization of dynamic biped walking varying joint stiffness using antagonistic driven joints,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation 1998, pp. 2002-2029, 1998.
-  S. A. Migliore, E. A. Brown, and S. P. DeWeerth, “Biologically inspired joint stiffness control,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation 2005, pp. 4508-4513, 2005.
-  W. Sebastian and H. Gerd, “A new variable stiffness design: matching requirements of the next robot generation,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation 2008, pp. 1741-1746, 2008.
-  T. Giovanni, S. Riccardo, and B. Antonio, “Design and control of a variable stiffness actuator for safe and fast physical human/robot,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation 2005, pp. 526-531, 2005.
-  C. Junho, P. Sunchul, L. Woosub, and K. Sung-Chul, “Design of a robot joint with variable stiffness,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation 2008, pp. 1760-1765, 2008.
-  J. Choi, S. Hong, W. Lee, and S. Kang, “A variable stiffness joint using leaf springs for robot manipulators,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation 2009, pp. 4363-4368, 2009.
-  H. Dongjun, S. Y. Hyun, P. Jungwan, and S. Youngbo, “Variable stiffness mechanism for human-friendly robots,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, Vol.45, pp. 880-897, 2010.
-  C. S. H. Junho, L. Woosub, K. Sungchul, and K. Munsang, “A robot joint with variable stiffness using leaf springs,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.27, No.2, April 2011.
-  M. Uemura, K. Kanaoka, and S. Kawamura, “A new mechanical structure for adjustable stiffness devices with lightweight and small size,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems 2010, pp. 2364-2370, 2010.
-  M. Uemura, K. Kanaoka, and S. Kawamura, “A new control method utilizing stiffness adjustment of mechanical elastic element for serial link systems,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation 2007, pp. 1437-1442, 2007.
-  M. Uemura and S. Kawamura, “An energy saving control method of robot motions based on adaptive stiffness optimization,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems 2008, pp. 551-557, 2008.
-  M. Uemura, G. Lu, S. Kawamura, and S. Ma, “Passive periodic motions of multi-joint robots by stiffness adaptation and DFC for energy saving,” Int. Conf. on SICE 2008, pp. 2854-2858, 2008.
-  G. J. van Ingen Shenau, M. F. Bobbert, and R. H. Rozendal, “The unique action of bi-articular muscles in complex movements,” J. of Anatomy, Vol.155, pp. 1-5, 1987.
-  M. Kumamoto, T. Oshima, and T. Yamamoto, “Control properties induced by existence of antagonistic pairs of bi-articular muscles – Mechanical engineering model analyses,” Human Movement Science, Vol.13, pp. 611-634, 1994.
-  M. Kumamoto, T. shima, and T. Fujikawa, “Bi-articular muscle as a principle keyword for biomimetic motor link system,” Microtechnologies in Medicine & Biology 2nd Annual Int. IEEE-EMB Special Topic Conf. on, pp. 346-351, 2002.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.