Optical Odor Imaging by Fluorescence Probes
Hirotaka Matsuo*, Yudai Furusawa*, Masashi Imanishi**,
Seiichi Uchida***, and Kenshi Hayashi*
*Department of Electronics, Graduate School of Information Science and Electrical Engineering, Kyushu University, 744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
**Graduate School of Systems Life Science, Kyushu University, 744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
***Department of Advanced Information Technology, Graduate School of Information Science and Electrical Engineering, Kyushu University, 744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
-  T. Kikas, H. Ishida, D. R. Webster, and J. Janata, “Chemical Plume Tracking. 1. Chemical Information Encoding,” Anal. Chem., Vol.73, pp. 3662-3668, 2001.
-  G. Kowadlo and R. A. Russell, “Robot Odor Localization: a Taxonomy and survey,” Int. J. Robotics Res., Vol.27, pp. 869-894, 2008.
-  T. Nakamoto and H. Ishida, “Chemical Sensing in Spatial/Temporal Domains,” Chem. Rev., Vol.108, pp. 680-704, 2008.
-  J.-G. Li, Q.-H. Meng, Y. Wang, and M. Zeng, “Odor Source Localization using a Mobile Robot in Outdoor Airflow Environments with a particle Filter Algorithm,” Auton Robot, Vol.30, pp. 281-292, 2011.
-  G. Kowadlo and R. A. Russel, “Improving the Robustness of Naïve Physics Airflow Mapping, using Bayesian Reasoning on a Multiple Hypothesis Tree,” Robotics Auton. Sys., Vol.57, pp. 723-737, 2009.
-  A. loutfi, S. Coradeschi, A. Lilienthal, and J. Gonzalez, “Gas Distribution Mapping of Multiple Odor Sources using Mobile Robot,” Vol.27, pp. 311-319, 2008.
-  J. W. Gardner and P. N. Bartlett, “Electronic Noses: Principles and Applications,” Oxford University Press, 1999.
-  F. Rock, N. Barsan, and U. Weimar, “Electronic Nose: Current Status and Future Trends,” Chem. Rev., Vol.108, pp. 705-725, 2008.
-  Y. Hotokebuchi, K. Hayashi, K. Toko, R. Chen, and H. Ikezaki, “Fabrication of Odor Sensor using Peptide,” Vol.130, pp. 282-287, 2010.
-  B. Malnic, J. Hirono, T. Sato, and L. B. Buck, “Combinatorial Receptor Codes for Odors,” Cell, Vol.96, pp. 713-723, 1999.
-  K. Hayashi, “Development of odor code sensor recognizing substructure of odor molecules,” Proc. 25th Sensor Symp., pp. 607-610, 2008.
-  H. Nanto et al., “Novel gas sensor using polymer-film-coated quarts resonator for environmental monitoring,” Material Science and Engineering, Vol.C12, pp. 43-48, 2000.
-  Y. Sasaki, K. Hayashi, and K. Toko, “Fabrication of Odor Sensor Surface Recognizing Substructure of Odorant,” Sensor and Materials, Vol.21, pp. 191-199, 2009.
-  H. Matsuo and K. Hayashi, “Detection of Odor Map Image using Optical Method,” Proc. Int. Conf. Adv. Mech., Vol.5, pp. 165-170, 2010.
-  K. J. Albert, D. R.Walt, D. S. Gill, and T. C. Pearce, “Optical Multibead Arrays for Simple and Complex Odor Discrimination,” Anal. Chem., Vol.73, pp. 2501-2508, 2001.
-  M. Torimura et al., “Fluorescence-Quenching Phenomenon by Photoinduced Electron Transfer between a Fluorescent Dye and a Nucleotide Base,” Analytical Sciences, Vol.17, pp. 155-160, 2001.
-  Q. Chen et al., “Studies on fluorescence resonance energy transfer between dyes and water-soluble quantum dots,” Luminescence, Vol.20, pp. 251-255, 2005.
-  M. Imahashi, S. Nakayama, K. Miyagi, T. Takamizawa, and K. Hayashi, “Odor mapping using odor separating system,” Proc. 27th Sens. Symp., pp. 395-400, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.