HELIOS Tracked Robot Team: Mobile RT System for Special Urban Search and Rescue Operations
Ryuichi Hodoshima*1, Michele Guarnieri*2,
Ryo Kurazume*3, Hiroshi Masuda*4, Takao Inoh*5,
Paulo Debenest*2, Edwardo F. Fukushima*6,
and Shigeo Hirose*6
*Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Saitama University, 255 Shimo-Okubo, Sakura-ku, Saitama-shi, Saitama 338-8570, Japan
*2HiBot Corporation, Meguro Hanatani Bldg.801, 2-18-3 Shimo-Meguro, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-0062, Japan
*3Graduate School of Information Science and Electrical Engineering, Kyushu University, 744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
*4IBM Japan Ltd., 19-21 Nihonbashi Hakozaki-cho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-8510, Japan
*5Atelier E-N, 1-36-4 Hashikadai, Narita-shi, Chiba 286-0037, Japan
*6Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 2-12-1, Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
-  K. Osuka, T. Doi, and Y. Yokokouji, “In-Rubble Robot System for USAR under Debris,” Proc. of SICE-ICASE Int. Joint Conf. 2006, pp. 3439-3442, 2006.
-  F. Matsuno and S. Tadokoro, “Rescue Robots and Systems in Japan,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics, Special Invited Talk, August 22-25, 2004.
-  F. Matsuno et al., “Introduction ofMission Unit on Information Collection by On-Rubble Mobile Platforms of Development of Rescue Robot Systems (DDI) Project in Japan,” Proc. of SICE-ICASE Int. Joint Conf. 2006, FE11-1, pp. 4186-4191, 2006.
-  J. Wang and M. Lewis, “Human control for cooperating robot teams,” Proc. of the ACM/IEEE Int. Conf. on Human-Robot Interaction, pp. 9-16, 2007.
-  R. Kurazume, S. Nagata, and S. Hirose, “Cooperative Positioning with Multiple Robots,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1250-1257, 1994.
-  R. Kurazume and S. Hirose, “An Experimental Study of a Cooperative Positioning System,” J. of Autonomous Robots, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 43-52, 2000.
-  C. Chen and M. M. Trivedi, “Reactive Locomotion Control of Articulated-Tracked Mobile Robots for Obstacle Negotiation,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1349-1356, 2004.
-  J. D. Martens and W. S. Newman, “Stabilization of a Mobile Robot Climbing Stairs,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2501-2507, 1994.
-  S. A. A. Moosavian, H. Semsarilar, and A. Kalantari, “Design and Manufacturing of a Mobile Rescue Robot,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3982-3987, 2006.
-  Y. Maeda, S. Tsutani, and S. Hagihara, “Prototype of Multifunctional Robot Vehicle,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Advanced Robotics, pp. 421-428, 1985.
-  H. Schempf et al., “Pandora: Autonomous Urban Robotic Reconnaissance System,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2315-2321, 1999.
-  T. Iwamoto et al., “Transformable crawler mechanism with adaptability to terrain variations,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Advanced Robotics, pp. 285-291, 1985.
-  M. Guarnieri, P. Debenest, I. Takao, E. F. Fukushima, and S. Hirose, “Helios 7: a new vehicle for disaster response ��� mechanical design and basic experiments,” J. of Advanced Robotics, Vol.19, No.8, pp. 901-927, 2005.
-  M. Guarnieri, I. Takao, E. F. Fukushima, and S. Hirose, “HELIOS VIII search and rescue robot: Design of an adaptive gripper and system improvements,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1775-1780, 2007.
-  M. Ogata and S. Hirose, “Study on ankle mechanism for walking robots: Development of 2 d.o.f. coupled drive ankle mechanism with wide motion range,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3201-3206, 2004.
-  H. Zhao and R. Shibasaki, “Reconstructing a textured cad model of an urban environment using vehicle-borne lase range scanners and line cameras,” Machine Vision and Applications, Vol.14, pp. 35-41, 2003.
-  K. Ohno, T. Tsubouchi, and S. Yuta, “Outdoor map building based on odometry and rtk-gps positioning fusion,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 684-690, 2004.
-  S. Thrun, “A probabilistic online mapping algorithm for teams of mobile robots,” Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.20, No.5, pp. 335-363, 2001.
-  J. Weingarten and R. Siegwart, “Ekf-based 3D slam for structured environment reconstruction,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2089-2094, 2005.
-  D. M. Cole and P. M. Newman, “Using laser range data for 3D slam in outdoor environment,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1556-1563, 2006.
-  S. Thrun and M. Montemerlo, “The graph slam algorithm with applications to large-scale mapping of urban structures,” Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.25, No.5-6, pp. 403-429, 2006.
-  A. Howard, “Multi-robot simultaneous localization and mapping using particle filters,” Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.25, No.125, pp. 1243-1256, 2006.
-  P. J. Besl and N. D. McKay, “A method for registration of 3-d shapes,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.2, No.14, pp. 239-256, 1992.
-  Y. Chen and G. Medioni, “Object modeling by registration of multiple range images,” Image and Vision Computing, Vol.3, No.10, pp. 145-155, 1992.
-  R. Kurazume, Y. Noda, Y. Tobata, K. Lingemann, Y. Iwashita, and T. Hasegawa, “Laser-based Geometric Modeling using Cooperative Multiple Mobile Robots,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3200-3205, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.