Motion-Based-Design of Elastic Material for Passive Assistive Device Using Musculoskeletal Model
Yumeko Imamura*1, Takayuki Tanaka*1, Yoshihito Suzuki*2,
Kazuki Takizawa*3, and Masanori Yamanaka*4
*1Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University, N14-W9, Kita-ku, Sapporo 060-0814, Japan
*2Smart Support Technologies Inc., N21-W12, Kitaku, Sapporo 060-0821, Japan
*3Institute for the Advancement of Higher Education, Hokkaido University, N17-W8, Kitaku, Sapporo 060-0817, Japan
*4Graduate School of Health Science, Hokkaido University, N12-W5, Kitaku, Sapporo 060-0812, Japan
-  A. Minematsu, “Low Back Pain in CareWorkers,” Japanese J. of occupational medicine and traumatology, Vol.52, No.3, pp. 166-169, 2004.
-  H. Riihimaki, “Low-back pain, its origin and risk indicators,” Scand J. Work Environ Health, Vol.17, pp. 81-90, 1991.
-  Y. Kokubo, Y. Maesawa, N. Furusawa, K. Utida, and H. Baba, “Management and prevention of low back pain in nursing personals,” The J. of Japanese Society of Lumbar Spine Disorders, Vol.6, No.1, pp. 52-55, 2000.
-  K. Suzuki, G. Mito, H. Kawamoto, Y. Hasegawa, and Y. Sankai, “Intention-Based Walking Support for Paraplegia Patients with Robot Suit HAL,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.21, No.12, pp. 1441-1469, 2007.
-  K. Yamamoto, M. Ishii, K. Hyodo, T. Yoshimitsu, and T. Matsu, “Development of Power Assisting Suit,” JSME Int. J. Series C, Vol.46, No.3, pp. 923-930, 2003.
-  H. Kobayashi, A. Uchimura, and T. Shiiba, “Development of muscle suit for upper body,” Proc. of Intelligent Robots and Systems 2003, Vol.3, pp. 3624-3629, 2003.
-  N. Yamazaki and N. Takahashi, “Suit-type Back Muscle Supporter Utilizing Body Surface Deformation During Care Motions,” Society of Biomechanisms Japan, Vol.17, pp. 235-244, 2004.
-  T. Okazaki and H. Yokoi, “The Approach of Arrangement Decision Problem of Highly-Elastic Fabric for Motion Support,” Proc. of the 27th Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, 1C3-05(DVDROM), 2009.
-  K. Imado, H. Ikeuchi, A. Miura, T. Ito, and K. Onishi, “Development of a Simple Supporter for Reducing Lower Back Exertion,” Society of Biomechanisms Japan, Vol.18, pp. 79-88, 2006.
-  D. Maeda, S. Yoshinari, Y. Nakajima, and K. Kuwano, “Development of assistive technology to reduce physical burden of agricultural workers,” 21th Bioengineering Lecture meeting 2008, pp. 409-410, 2009.
-  T. Tanaka, Y. Imamura, M. Yamanaka, Y. Suzuki, and M. Saito, “Passive Power Assist Device Considering With Stabilization of Torso,” Proc. of Symposium of Engineering Assisted Human Life 2009, 1G3-2(CD-ROM), 2009.
-  G. Obinata, T. Iwami, M. Sasaki, H. Miura, and K. Miyawaki, “Model Based Approaches for Wheelchair Propulsion,” J. of the Japan Society for Simulation Technology, Vol.241, pp. 23-31, 2005.
-  Y. Imamura, T. Tanaka, S. Kaneko, M. Yamanaka, Y. Suzuki, and M. Saito, “Design of Smart Suit for Snow Shoveling Based on Motion Based Assist Method,” JSME annual meeting 2009, Vol.7, pp. 287-288, 2009.
-  T. Kizuka, T. Masuda, T. Kiryu, and T. Sadoyama, “Practical Usage of Surface Electromyogram,” Tokyo denki university press, 2006.
-  S. Kumar and A. Mital, “Electromyogram in Ergonomics,” Taylor & Francis, 1996.
-  H. Arakawa, T. Nakamura, Y. Umezu, and K. Hachisuka, “Spectral Electromyographic Fatigue Analysis of Back Muscles in Healthy Female during Trunk Holding Test,” The Japanese J. of Rehabilitation Medicine, Vol.37, No.10, pp. 676-678, 2000.
-  A. L. Nachernson, “The lumbar spine: an orthopedie challenge,” Spine, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 59-71, 1976.
-  S. L. Delp and J. P. Loan, “A graphics-based software system to develop and analyze models of musculoskeletal structures,” Computers in Biology and Medicine, Vol.25, No.1, pp. 21-34, 1995.
-  G. Borg, “Perceived exertion: a note on “history” and methods,” Medicine & Science IN Sports & Exercise, Vol.5, No.2, pp. 90-93, 1973.
-  K. Onodera and M. Miyashita, “A Study on Japanese Scale for Rating of Perceived Exertion in Endurance Exercise,” Japanese Society of Physical Education, Vol.21, No.4, 191-203, 1976.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.