Development of Whole-Body Emotional Expression Humanoid Robot for ADL-Assistive RT Services
Nobutsuna Endo* and Atsuo Takanishi**,***
*Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Waseda University, 3-4-1 Okubo, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 169-8555, Japan
**Faculty of Science and Engineering, Waseda University, Japan
***Humanoid Robotics Institute, Waseda University, Japan
-  OECD, “Population statistics,” Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, 2004.
-  NIPS, “Population statistics of Japan 2003,” National Institute of Population and Social Security Research, Hibiya Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan, 2003.
-  N. Endo, S. Momoki, M. Zecca, M. Saito, Y. Mizoguchi, K. Itoh, and A. Takanishi, “Development of Whole-body Emotion Expression Humanoid Robot,” Proc. of the 2008 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2008), pp. 2140-2145, Pasadena, USA, May 2008.
-  Y. Ogura, H. Aikawa, K. Shimomura, H. Kondo, A. Morishima, H. Lim, and A. Takanishi, “Development of a new humanoid robot WABIAN-2,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 76-81, 2006.
-  A. Mehrabian, “Communication without words,” Psychology Today, pp. 53-56, 1968.
-  P. Ekman, “Universals and cultural differences in facial expressions of emotion,” In J. Cole (Ed.), Nebraska Symposium on Motivation, Vol.19, pp. 207-282, Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1971.
-  P. Ekman and W. V. Friesen, “Constants across cultures in the face and emotion,” J. of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.17, pp. 124-129, 1971.
-  T. Minato, M. Shimada, H. Ishiguro, and S. Itakura, “Development of an Android Robot for Studying Human-Robot Interaction,” Proc. of IEA/AIE’2004 Proc. of the 17th Int. Conf. on Innovations in applied artificial intelligence, pp. 424-434, 2004.
-  T. Hashimoto, S. Hitramatsu, T. Tsuji, and H. Kobayashi, “Development of the Face Robot SAYA for Rich Facial Expressions,” SICEICASE Int. Joint Conf., pp. 5423-5428, 2006.
-  M. Mori, “Bukimi no tani [The Uncanny Valley],” Energy, Vol.7, pp. 33-35, 1970 (originally in Japanese).
-  H. Miwa et al., “Development of a new human-like head robotWE-4,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and System (IROS 2002), Vol.3, pp. 2443-2448, 2002.
-  M. Zecca, K. Endo, N. Endo, Y. Mizoguchi, T. Kusano, K. Itoh, and A. Takanishi, “Design and Evaluation of The Soft HandWSH-1 For The Emotion Expression Humanoid Robot KOBIAN,” Proc. of the 6th Int. Conf. of the International Society for Gerontechnology (ISG 2008), Pisa, Italy, June 2008.
-  N. Endo, F. Iida, K. Endo, Y. Mizoguchi, M. Zecca, and A. Takanishi, “Development of the Anthropomorphic Soft Robotic Hand WSH-1R,” Proc. of the First IFToMM Asian Conf. on Mechanism and Machine Science (Asian-MMS 2010), 250162, Taipei, Taiwan, October 2010.
-  T. Kojima, K. Endo, N. Endo, F. Iida, K. Hashimoto, and A. Takanishi, “Design and Development of Anthropomorphic Soft Robot Hand - Implementation of Grip Control and Evaluation of Impression by Grip Strength -,” Proc. of the 28th Annual Conf. of the Robotic Society of Japan (RSJ 2010), Vol.102, No.2, Kobe, Japan, September 2010 (in Japanese).
-  H. Miwa, K. Itoh, M. Matsumoto, M. Zecca, H. Takanobu, S. Roccella, M. C. Carrozza, P. Dario, and A. Takanishi, “Effective Emotional Expressions with Emotion Expression Humanoid RobotWE-4RII - Integration of Humanoid Robot Hand RCH-1 -,” Proc. of the 2004 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robot and Systems, pp. 2203-2208, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.