A Home Healthcare System with Communication Robot Technologies – Development of Experimental Systems and in-Home Verification Experiments by Older Persons
Kengo Toda*, Mutsuhisa Fujioka*, Atsuhiro Fujii**,
Shigeki Okawa**, Junri Shinohara*, Shinji Tanaka***,
Takayuki Nakamura***, and Takayuki Furuta*
*Future Robotics Technology Center (fuRo)
**Chiba Institute of Technology (C.I.T), 2-17-1 Tsudanuma, Narashino, Chiba 275-0016, Japan
***Sekisui House, Ltd.
-  K. Toda, M. Fujioka, S. Okawa et al., “A Home Healthcare System with Communication Robot Technologies for Elderly People - An Overview of the System and a Prototype Development -,” Proc. of JSME Robotics and Mechatronics Conf. 2010, (CDROM)1P1-D08, 2010.
-  M. Fujioka, K. Toda, T. Furuta et al., “Development of a Remote Home Healthcare System with Communication RT (Robot Technology) for Elderlies (1st Report) - Proposal of Local Medical Service Support with Remote healthcare network -,” Press of Japanese Telemedicine and Telecare Association, Vol.6, No.2, pp. 199-202, 2010.
-  K. Toda, M. Fujioka, S. Okawa et al., “Home Healthcare System with Communication Robot Technology for Elderly People - Refinement and Evaluation of an Experimental System -,” The 11th Conf. of System Integration Division of The Society of Instrument and Control Engineers (SI2011), (CDROM) 3D3-4, 2010.
-  F. Atsuhiro, K. Toda, T. Furuta et al., “Estimation of Health Condition utilizing voice of Elderlies in a home healthcare RT System,” 2011 Spring Meeting of Acoustical Society of Japan, 2-P-9(a), 2011.
-  Y. Nakadai, S. Takata, M. Kondo et al., “Research of the problems on the elderly patients at discharge from the hospital concerning their health and daily life at home,” Bulletin of Faculty of Health Sciences Okayama University Medical School, Vol.5. pp. 17-21, 1995.
-  H. Yugami and S. Murase, “Analysis of present state and foresight - To Build A Business Model Corresponding to Innovation 25 -,” Press of Japanese Telemedicine and Telecare Association, Vol.3, No.2, pp. 151-153, 2007.
-  T. Ohta, T. Kanayama, and Y. Sugimoto, “Attempt of TV Telephone Utilization for healthcare in Niimi Area (6th Report) - A Model Business of Area ICT Utilization “Niimi Anshin Net” Business Report -,” Press of Japanese Telemedicine and Telecare Association, Vol.6, No.2, pp. 114-116, 2010.
-  S. Honma, H. Kinoshit, K. Mizoguchi et al., “Practical Experiments of Telecare System with PC video phone and data transmission system of vital sensors,” Press of Japanese Telemedicine and Telecare Association, Vol.6, No.2, pp. 129-132, 2010.
-  A. Milenkovi, C. Ottoa, and E. Jovanova, “Wireless sensor networks for personal health monitoring: Issues and an implementation,” Computer Communications, Wirelsess Senson Networks and Wired/Wireless Internet Communications, Vol.29, Issues 13-14, pp. 2521-2533, 2006.
-  H. Huo, Y. Xu, H. Yan, S. Mubeen, and H. Zhang, “An Elderly Health Care System Using Wireless Sensor Networks at Home,” The Third Int. Conf. on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM 2009), pp. 158-163, 2009.
-  Y. Akematsu and M. Tsuji, “Home Healthcare System and Verification Analysis of Medical Expenses of Big Four Adult Diseases,” Press of Japanese Telemedicine and Telecare Association, Vol.6, No.2, pp. 171-174, 2010.
-  Y. Imai, T. Okubo, M. Kikutani et al., “Guideline of Blood-Pressure Measurement at Home and its clinical application,” The J. of the Japanese Society of Internal Medicine, Vol.96, No.1, pp. 86-93, 2007.
-  S. Tanaka, K. Motoi, M. Nogawa et al., “Development of a Blood Pressure Monitoring System Installed in a Toilet Seat for Use in Home Healthcare,” Trans. of the Japanese Society for Medical and Biological Engineering, Vol.44, No.3, pp. 467-474, 2006.
-  M. Ogawa, T. Tamura, and T. Togawa, “Automated acquisition system for routine, noninvasive monitoring of physiological data,” Telemedicine Journal, SUMMER Vol.4, No.2, pp. 177-185, 1998.
-  Y. Nishida, M. Takeda, T. Mori, et al., “Unrestrained and Noninvasive Monitoring of Human’s Respiration and Posture in Sleep Using Pressure Sensors,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.16, No.5, pp. 705-711, 1998 .
-  S. Kumon, W. Tamura, M. Kojima, et al., “How to use Human Recorder in home medical field,” Japanese J. of Applied IT Healthcare, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 36-39, 2008.
-  M. Sato, C. Morita, and M. Morita, “Human action recognition using physiological and acceleration data,” The 65th National Convention of Information Processing Society of Japan, 5B-2, 2003.
-  S. Sagayama, “Why Is Speech Recognition NotWidely Used? How Can It Be Used More Often?,” Information Processing Society of Japan SIG Technical Reports, Vol.94, No.40, pp. 23-30, 1994.
-  K. Wada, T. Shibata, and Y. Kawaguchi, “Long-term Robot Therapy in a Health Service Facility for the Aged - A Case Study for 5 Years -,” The 2009 IEEE 11th Int. Conf. on Rehabilitation Robotics, ICORR, pp. 930-933, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.