Quick, Cheap, and Creative Development for Robotics Education: Understanding and Experiencing Prosthetics Technology
Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, 2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita-shi, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
-  F. Yamasaki and Y. Nakagawa, “Education Using Small Humanoid Robot,” In Proc. of AMiRE, pp. 248-253, 2005.
-  F.Mondada, M. Bonani, X. Raemy, J. Pugh, C. Cianci, A. Klaptocz, S. Magnenat, J.-C. Zufferey, D. Floreano, and A.Martinoli, “The epuck, a robot designed for education in engineering,” Proc. of the 9th Conf. on Autonomous Robot Systems and Competitions, pp. 59-65, 2009.
-  D. C. Cliburn, “Experiences with the LEGO Mindstorms throughout the Undergraduate Computer Science Curriculum,” Frontiers in Education Conf., 36th Annual, pp. 1-6, 2006.
-  J. Wakeman-Linn and A. Perry, “A proposal to incorporate LEGO®Mindstorms into an introduction to engineering course,” Proc. of ASEE Annual Conf. and Exposition: Vive L’ingenieur, pp. 9231-9238, 2002.
-  P. S. Brian. J. J. Wood, and D. Hansen. “Teaching undergraduate kinetics using LEGO®Mindstorms racecar competition,” Proc. of 2004 Annual Conf. and Exposition, “Engineering Education Research New Heights,” pp. 13841-13848, 2004.
-  E. Wang and R. Wang. “Using LEGOs and RoboLab (LabVIEW) with elementary school children,” Proc. Frontiers in Education Conf., v.1, T2E/11, 2001.
-  B. Erwin, M. Cyr, and C. Rogers, “LEGO engineer and RoboLab: Teaching engineering with LabVIEWfrom kindergarten to graduate school,” Int. J. of Engineering Education, Vol.16, No.3, pp. 181-192, 2003.
-  H. H. Lund and L. Pagliarini. “RoboCup Jr. with LEGO MINDSTORMS,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 813-819, 2000.
-  K. Matsushita, H. Yokoi, and T. Arai, “Plastic-Bottle-Based Robots in Educational Robotics Courses – Understanding Embodied Artificial Intelligence –,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 212-222, 2007.
-  K. Matsushita, H. Yokoi, and T. Arai, “Robotic Education for Human-Robot Interaction: Proposal of Two Robotic Developmental Kits that Bring Creativity, Workshop,” Teaching Human-Robot Interaction to Humans at 2008 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2008.
-  H. Heger, S. Millstein, and G. A. Hunter, “Electrically Powered Prostheses for the Adult with an Upper Limb Amputation,” The J. of Bone and Joint Surgery, Vol.67B, pp. 278-281, 1985.
-  H. Yokoi, A. H. Arieta, R. Katoh, W. Yu, I. Watanabe, and M. Maruishi, “Mutual Adaptation in a Prosthetics Application,” LNAI3139: Embodied Artificial Intelligence, Springer, pp. 146-159, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.