Improvement of Introductory Engineering Education of Mechatronics Based on Outcomes Evaluation by Defining Rubric– Continuous PDCA Cycle Achievement with Reducing Teaching Assistants’Work Load –
Shin’ya Morijiri, Yoshinobu Ando, Takashi Yoshimi,
and Makoto Mizukawa
Shibaura Institute of Technology, 3-7-5 Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8548, Japan
We have developed amechatronics education program using line tracing robots controlled by microcomputers. Each studentmakes a robot, including essential elements of the robot system. Through this curriculum, students acquire knowledge, skills, and techniques of mechatronics systems through actual experience. We have also developed a system to aid the work of Teaching Assistants (TAs). We have evaluated and improved the work of TAs’.
and Makoto Mizukawa, “Improvement of Introductory Engineering Education of Mechatronics Based on Outcomes Evaluation by Defining Rubric– Continuous PDCA Cycle Achievement with Reducing Teaching Assistants’Work Load –,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.23, No.5, pp. 778-788, 2011.
-  H. Itami and T. Kagono, “Guidebook of the Seminar on Business Management – the 3rd Version –,” Nihon Keizai Shimbun, 2003.
-  T. Takebayashi, “The State of a School Assessment System which Activates the Organization,” Research report of Nara prefectural teaching laboratory, Vol.15, 2007.
-  A. Matsuda, “Examination of the Recovery Technique to Solve the Problem in a Confused Project (
“The Risk of Projects and Organizations” and “Mechanism and Organization Activity for Project Success”),” J. of the Society of Project Management, Vol.11, No.4, pp. 14-17, 2009.
-  T. Kawashima, “International Trends in Outcome-Based Higher Education Reform and Their Implications for Japanese Higher Education,” Research Note of the Nagoya higher education, No.8, 2008.
-  Y. Ando, Y. Eguchi, and M. Mizukawa, “Proposal and Evaluation of Management Method for College Mechatronics Education Applying the Project Management,” J. of Engineering Education, Vol.56, No.2, pp. 54-61, 2008.
-  M. Mizukawa, Y. Ando, and C. Kasuga, “Development and Evaluation of the Robotics Educational Material for Engineering Training in the Undergraduate School,” J. of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 10-15, 2006.
-  M. Mizukawa, C. Kasuga, and Y. Ando, “Guidebook of the Line Trace Robot,” RoboBooks Ohmsha, 2003.
-  M. Mizukawa, C. Kasuga, Y. Ando, and Y. Ogawa, “Guidebook of the Making Robot with a PIC Microcomputer,” Ohm-Sha, 2006.
-  K. Ogawa, Y. Ando, M. Mizukawa, and C. Kasuga, “Proposal of the Open Development System for Mechatronics Educational Material,” Proc. of the Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, 3I33, 2002.
-  Y. Toyomasu, M. Tokizawa, Y. Ando, M. Mizukawa, C. Kasuga, and Y. Ogawa, “Development of the Line Trace Robot as Teaching Materials for Mechatronics Education – The Line Trace Robot that Applied the New PIC CPU Board –,” Proc. of JSME Robotics and Mechatronics Conf. 2004, 2P1-L2-36, 2004.
-  M. Tokizawa, Y. Ando, M. Mizukawa, and C. Kasuga, “Development of the Line Tracing Robots for Mechatronics Educational Materials – Development of Web pages for Open Development System –,” Proc. of JSME Robotics and Mechatronics Conf. 2005.
-  Y. Eguchi, Y. Kurokawa, T. Ohta, Y. Ando, and M. Mizukawa, “Development of Mechatronics Educational Material Applying “Wiki”,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Control, Automation and Systems 2008 (ICCAS2008), 2008.
-  Y. Eguchi, Y. Ando, and M. Mizukawa, “Development of Management System in Mechatronics Education,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Instrumentation, Control and Information Technology, SICE Annual Conf., 2007.
-  Y. Ohmura, “Case Study of the Wiki as a Knowledge Sharing Tool on Business,” INTEC TECHNICAL JOURNAL, No.6, pp. 48-53, 2006.
-  T. Okawara, “Guidebook of the Web Collaboration by PukiWiki,” Shuwa-system, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.