Improvement of Introductory Engineering Education of Mechatronics Based on Outcomes Evaluation by Defining Rubric– Continuous PDCA Cycle Achievement with Reducing Teaching Assistants’Work Load –
Shin’ya Morijiri, Yoshinobu Ando, Takashi Yoshimi,
and Makoto Mizukawa
Shibaura Institute of Technology, 3-7-5 Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8548, Japan
We have developed amechatronics education program using line tracing robots controlled by microcomputers. Each studentmakes a robot, including essential elements of the robot system. Through this curriculum, students acquire knowledge, skills, and techniques of mechatronics systems through actual experience. We have also developed a system to aid the work of Teaching Assistants (TAs). We have evaluated and improved the work of TAs’.
-  H. Itami and T. Kagono, “Guidebook of the Seminar on Business Management – the 3rd Version –,” Nihon Keizai Shimbun, 2003.
-  T. Takebayashi, “The State of a School Assessment System which Activates the Organization,” Research report of Nara prefectural teaching laboratory, Vol.15, 2007.
-  A. Matsuda, “Examination of the Recovery Technique to Solve the Problem in a Confused Project (
“The Risk of Projects and Organizations” and “Mechanism and Organization Activity for Project Success”),” J. of the Society of Project Management, Vol.11, No.4, pp. 14-17, 2009.
-  T. Kawashima, “International Trends in Outcome-Based Higher Education Reform and Their Implications for Japanese Higher Education,” Research Note of the Nagoya higher education, No.8, 2008.
-  Y. Ando, Y. Eguchi, and M. Mizukawa, “Proposal and Evaluation of Management Method for College Mechatronics Education Applying the Project Management,” J. of Engineering Education, Vol.56, No.2, pp. 54-61, 2008.
-  M. Mizukawa, Y. Ando, and C. Kasuga, “Development and Evaluation of the Robotics Educational Material for Engineering Training in the Undergraduate School,” J. of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 10-15, 2006.
-  M. Mizukawa, C. Kasuga, and Y. Ando, “Guidebook of the Line Trace Robot,” RoboBooks Ohmsha, 2003.
-  M. Mizukawa, C. Kasuga, Y. Ando, and Y. Ogawa, “Guidebook of the Making Robot with a PIC Microcomputer,” Ohm-Sha, 2006.
-  K. Ogawa, Y. Ando, M. Mizukawa, and C. Kasuga, “Proposal of the Open Development System for Mechatronics Educational Material,” Proc. of the Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, 3I33, 2002.
-  Y. Toyomasu, M. Tokizawa, Y. Ando, M. Mizukawa, C. Kasuga, and Y. Ogawa, “Development of the Line Trace Robot as Teaching Materials for Mechatronics Education – The Line Trace Robot that Applied the New PIC CPU Board –,” Proc. of JSME Robotics and Mechatronics Conf. 2004, 2P1-L2-36, 2004.
-  M. Tokizawa, Y. Ando, M. Mizukawa, and C. Kasuga, “Development of the Line Tracing Robots for Mechatronics Educational Materials – Development of Web pages for Open Development System –,” Proc. of JSME Robotics and Mechatronics Conf. 2005.
-  Y. Eguchi, Y. Kurokawa, T. Ohta, Y. Ando, and M. Mizukawa, “Development of Mechatronics Educational Material Applying “Wiki”,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Control, Automation and Systems 2008 (ICCAS2008), 2008.
-  Y. Eguchi, Y. Ando, and M. Mizukawa, “Development of Management System in Mechatronics Education,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Instrumentation, Control and Information Technology, SICE Annual Conf., 2007.
-  Y. Ohmura, “Case Study of the Wiki as a Knowledge Sharing Tool on Business,” INTEC TECHNICAL JOURNAL, No.6, pp. 48-53, 2006.
-  T. Okawara, “Guidebook of the Web Collaboration by PukiWiki,” Shuwa-system, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.