Design Education Using Personal Mobile Robot
Yoshiyuki Takahashi*, Motoki Takagi**, and Ikuo Yoneda*
*Department of Human Environment Design, Faculty of Human Life Design, Toyo University, 48-1 Oka, Asaka-shi, Saitama 351-8510, Japan
**Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466-8555, Japan
-  K. Sato, “Robot Development Classroom of Elementary School for Enhancing the Creative Skill,” IPSJ SIG, Technical Report, 2009-CE-98, No.16, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  H. Gho et al., “Using Robotics in Education: Lessons Learned and Learning Experiences,” 1st Int. Malaysian Educational Technology Convention, pp. 1156-1163, 2007.
-  Y. Kawarada, “Development of Robotics materials to improve thinking ability and creativity,” J. of the Faculty of Education and Human Sciences, Yokohama National University, The natural sciences, Vol.10, pp. 27-38, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  C. Cardeira et al., “A Low Cost Mobile Robot for Engineering Education,” Industrial Electronics Society, 2005, IECON 2005, 31st Annual Conf. of IEEE, 2005.
-  S. Kato et al., “Programming Exercises for Problem Solving Learning with a LEGO Robot and Game Subjects – An Educational Practice for High School Students with Pre-lecture and Oral Reporting –,” SIG Technical Reports, 2010-CE-105, Vol.5, pp. 1-10, 2010.
-  J. F. Lalonde et al., “Mobile robot programming in education,” Robotics and Automation, 2006. ICRA 2006. Proc. 2006 IEEE Int. Conf. on, pp. 345-350, 2006.
-  F. Mondada et al., “The e-puck, a Robot Designed for Education in Engineering,” Proc. of the 9th Conf. on Autonomous Robot Systems and Competitions, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 59-65, 2009.
-  H. Niimi et al., “The Robotics Education in Department of System Design of College of Industrial Technology,” Proc. of Int. Symposium on Scheduling 2009, pp. 236-237, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  I. R. Nourbakhsh et al., “The Robotic Autonomy Mobile Robotics Course: Robot Design, Curriculum Design and Educational Assessment,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.18, pp. 103-127, 2005.
-  M. Mizukawa et al., “Development and Evaluation of the Robotics Educational Material for Engineering Training in the Undergraduate School,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 10-15, 2006 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.