Practice of School Education Using Micro Robots and Verification of its Effectiveness
Daigo Misaki and Koichi Arai
Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering, Kogakuin University, 1-24-2 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 163-8677, Japan
-  “Case studies of the SCOT programs,” Center for Promotion of Science Education, Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST), 2008 (in Japanese).
-  “Case studies of the SPP programs,” Center for Promotion of Science Education, Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST), 2010 (in Japanese).
-  K. Kiida, “Complete guide for robot kit,” Ohmsha, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Mizutani and M. Iwamoto, “Possibility of Education which relates to Mechatronics in Elementary School,” IEICE technical report, Education technology, Vol.107, No.155, pp. 35-38, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  Center for Promotion of Science Education, Japan Science & Technology Agency, “Survey of junior high school science teacher in 2008,” Sept. 2008 (in Japanese).
-  Small Machines, “Large Opportunities: A Report on the Emerging Field of Microdynamics,” Report of the NSF Workshop on Microelectromechanical Systems Research, Washington, DC, K. Gabriel et al. (Eds.), 1988.
-  “Handbook of micro machine technology,” pp. 710-721, 2003.
-  K. Ioi and A. Murakami, “Study on Turning Motion Mechanism of Micro Robot accompanied with Cyclic Force,” JRSJ Vol.19, No.1, pp. 142-148, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  A. Himoto, H. Aoyama, O. Fuchiwaki, D. Misaki, and T. Sumrall, “Development of micro rescue robot – human detection,” 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on Mechatronics, pp. 526-631, 2005.
-  D. Misaki, S. Kayano, Y. Wakikaido, O. Fuchiwaki, and H. Aoyama, “Precise Automatic Guiding and Positioning of Micro robots with a Fine Tool for Microscopic Operations,” Proc. of 2004 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent, Robots and Systems, pp. 210-223, 2004.
-  “International Micro-Mechanism Contest,” J. Jpn. Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol.76, No.12, pp. K12 3-K12 6, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Isogawa, “LEGO MINDSTOMS NXT orange books,” Mainichi communications, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  Robo Center, “Lego Mindstorms education NXT kit,” 2006 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.