Development of Educational Robotics Instruction Kit for Embodying Creativity: “f-palette” Educational Microcomputer Kit with Extension Methodsand Full JTAG Function
Yu Okumura*, Kengo Toda*, Ken Tomiyama**,
and Takayuki Furuta*
*Future Robotics Technology Center (fuRo), 2-17-1 Tsudanuma, Narashino, Chiba 275-0016, Japan
**Chiba Institute of Technology (C.I.T.), 2-17-1 Tsudanuma, Narashino, Chiba 275-0016, Japan
We present the features of a 32-bit educational microcomputer kit f-palette with an extension module intended for educational material that “does not constrain students’ creativity.” We actually used the educational material at the Department of Advanced Robotics, Chiba Institute of Technology, as a verification test. We give outlines, results, and discussions on the “robot experience practice” from the first semester, 2010.
-  M. Banzi, “Getting Started With Arduino (Make: Projects),” Make Books, 2008.
-  R. Hackett, “PICAXE Microcontroller Projects for the Evil Genius,” McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2010.
-  M. Predko, “123 PIC Microcontroller Experiments for the Evil Genius,” McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2005.
-  L. Valk, “The Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 Discovery Book: A Beginner’s Guide to Building and Programming Robots,” No Starch Pr, 2010.
-  L. M. Surhone, M. T. Tennoe, and S. F. Henssonow, “Robotis Bioloid,” Betascript Publishing, 2011.
-  M. Shimizu, N. Kita, T. Saito, E. Takeuchi, Y. Nakajima, N. Takegawa, H. Igarashi, Y. Hayashibara, H. Yamato, K. Toda, T. Furuta, and M. Mizukawa, “The Joint Interface of RT Components for Mobile Robots: The Activity Report Inform the Mobile Robot Working Group of the NEDO Intelligent RT Software Project,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.6, pp. 767-776, 2010.
-  N. Ando, T. Suehiro, K. Kitagaki, T. Kotoku, and W.-K. Yoon, “RTMiddleware: Distributed,Component Middleware for RT (Robot Technology)”, Proc. of IROS 2005, pp. 3555-3560, 2005.
-  T. Sato, N. Matsuhira, and E. Oyama, “Development of Common Platform Technology for Next Generation Robots,” H. S. Ahn (Ed.), IN-TECH, Advances in Service Robotics, 2008.
-  T. Sato, N. Matsuhira, and E. Oyama, “Common Platform Technology for Next-generation Robots,” Workshop Proc. of SIMPAR 2008 Int. Conf. on Simulation, Modeling and Programming for Autonomous Robots, pp. 616-627, 2008.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.