Mechatronics Education in School of Design – Development of Educational Tool to Study Design Expression Using Mechatronics
Atsushi Mitani and Tamon Hosoya
Department of Design, Sapporo City University, 1 Geijyutsu-no-mori, Sapporo, Hokkaido 005-0864, Japan
-  L. Huang and M. Li, “Some thoughts on 3D graphics software and industrial design education,” Proc. of IEEE 10th Int. Conf. on Computer-Aided Industrial Design & Conceptual Design, p. 165, 2009.
-  C. Wang, W. Zhang, J. Yang, Y. Wang, and H. Xu, “Study of industrial design practical education based on digital design experiments,” Proc. of IEEE 10th Int. Conf. on Computer-Aided Industrial Design & Conceptual Design, p. 450, 2009.
-  A. Goncher, A. Johri, and A. Sharma, “Work in progress – Usevalue and functionality versus aesthetics and experience: Inculcation of design ideologies in engineering and industrial design students,” Proc. of 2010 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conf., CD-ROM T4H-1, 2010.
-  T. Hosoya, “Creating form in digital age,” Trans. of Japanese Society for the Science of Design, Vol.5, No.4, pp. 52-55, 1998.
-  T. Hosoya, T. Ohya, and J. Fujiki, “The Educational Effectiveness of Dynamic From Design which Use Electronic Technology,” Proc. of Japanese Society for the Science of Design, Vol.47. pp. 296-297, 2000.
-  N. Hanajima, M. Yamashita, and H. Hikita, “Education of programming using a standard robot for Robot-triathlon,” Trans. of Institute of Electronics, Information, and Communication Engineers, Vol.106, No.166, pp. 31-35, 2006.
-  M. Mizukawa, Y. Ando, and C. Kasuga, “Development and Evaluation of the Robotics Educational Material for Engineering Training in the Undergraduate School,” J. of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 10-15, 2006.
-  A. Nagchaudhuri, “Work in progress – development of mobile robotic platforms as freshman engineering design project,” Proc. of 2004 Frontiers in Education, CD-ROM, No.S2E, 2005.
-  K. Sasaki, “Inverted Pendulum for Mechatronics Education,” Trans. of Horological Institute of Japan on Micro-mechatronics, Vol.48, No.3, pp. 52-58, 2004.
-  E. Inagaki, “Effect of NQC Language on theMechatronics Practical Education using Lego Mindstorm,” Proc. of Robomec2003, CDROM, 1A1-3F-F3, 2003.
-  J. M. Gomez-de-Gabriel, A. Mandow, J. Fernandez-Lozano, and A. J. Garcia-Cerezo, “Using LEGO NXT Mobile Robots With Lab-VIEW for Undergraduate Courses on Mechatronics,” IEEE Trans. on Education, Vol.54, pp. 41-47, 2011.
-  Y. Nakagawa, K. Matsunaga, and K. Tanaka, “Engineering Education using Small Humanoid Robot,” Proc. of Robomec 2005, CDROM, 1A1-S-027, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.