Flexible Discovery of Components for Sensor Data Processing by RDF in Network Middleware for Home Environment
Hiroshi Noguchi, Taketoshi Mori, and Tomomasa Sato
The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
-  W. K. Edwards and R. E. Grinter, “At Home with Ubiquitous Computing: Seven Challenges,” In Ubicomp2001, LNCS 2201, pp. 256-272, 2001.
-  M. Assad, D. J. Carmichael, J. Kay, and B. Kummerfeld, “PersonisAD: Distributed, Active, Scrutable Model Framework for Context-Aware Services,” In Pervasive 2007, pp. 55-72, 2007.
-  G. Biegel and V. Cahill, “A Framework for Developing Mobile, Context-Aware Application,” In the Second IEEE Annual Conf. on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PERCOM’04), pp. 361-365, 2004.
-  M. Coen, B. Phillips, N. Warshawsky, L. Weisman, S. Peters, and P. Finin, “Meeting the Computational Needs of Intelligent Environments: The Metaglue System,” In Proc. of MANSE ’99, pp. 201-212, Dublin, Ireland, 1999.
-  A. K. Dey, G. D. Abowd, and D. Salber, “A Conceptual Framework and a Toolkit for Supporting the Rapid Prototyping of Context-Aware Applications,” Human Computer Interaction, Vol.16, pp. 97-166, 2001.
-  H. Noguchi, T. Mori, and T. Sato, “Scriptless Connection of Sensor Data Processing Components in Network Middleware for Home Environment,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.22, pp. 613-632, 2008.
-  S. R. Ponnekanti, B. Johanson, E. Kiciman, and A. Fox, “Portability, Extensibility and Robustness in iROS,” In IEEE Int. Conf. on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom), pp. 11-19, 2003.
-  N. Ando, T. Suehiro, K. Kitagaki, T. Kotoku, and W.-K. Yoon, “RTMiddleware: Distributed Component Middleware for RT (Robot Technology),” In Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3555-3560, 2005.
-  M. Quigley, K. Conley, B. Gerkey, J. Faust, T. B. Foote, J. Leibs, R. Wheeler, and A. Y. Ng, “ROS: an open-source Robot Operating System,” in Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation Workshop on Open-Source Software, 2009.
-  T. Sasaki, D. Brscic, and H. Hashimoto, “Implementation of Distributed Sensor Network for Intelligent Space,” In Int. Conf. on Mechatronics, pp. 1-6, 2007.
-  K. Vanthournout, G. Deconinck, and R. Belmans, “A Taxonomy for Resource Discovery,” Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 81-89, 2005.
-  O. Lassila and R. R. Swick, “Resource Description Framework (RDF) Model and Syntax Specification,” World Wide Web Consortium Recommendation, 1999.
-  T. Gu, H. K. Pung, and D. Q. Zhang, “A service-oriented middleware for building context-aware services,” J. of Network and Computer Applications, Vol.28, pp. 1-18, 2005.
-  X.Wang, J. S. Dong, C. Y. Chin, S. R. Hettiarachchi, and D. Zhang, “Semantic Space: An Infrastructure for Smart Spaces,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 32-39, 2004.
-  H. Chen, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, “An Ontology for Context-Aware Pervasive Computing Environments,” The Knowledge Engineering Review, Vol.18, No.3, pp. 197-207, 2003.
-  Y.-G. Ha, J.-C. Sohn, and Y.-J. Cho, “Service-Oriented Integration of Networked Robots with Ubiquitous Sensors and Devices Using the Semantic Web Service Technology,” In Proc. of Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 413-418, 2005.
-  T. Berners-Lee, J. Hendler, and O. Lassila, “The Semantic Web,” Scientific American, pp. 28-37, 2001.
-  S. Bechhofer, F. Harmelen, J. Hendler, I. Horrocks, D. L. McGuinness, P. F. Patel-Schenider, and L. A. Stein, “OWL WEB Ontology Language Reference,” WorldWideWeb Consortium Recommendation, 2004.
-  E. Prud’hommeaux and A. Seaborne, “SPARQL Query Language for RDF,” World Wide Web Consortium Recommendation, 2005.
-  B. Logan, J. Healey, M. Philipose, E. M. Tapia, and S. Intille, “A Long-Term Evaluation of Sensing Modalities for Activity Recognition,” In UbiComp 2007, pp. 483-500, 2007.
-  T. Mori, H. Noguchi, A. Takada, and T. Sato, “Sensing Room Environment: Distributed Sensor Space for Measurement of Human Daily Behavior,” Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.E-S-1, No.1, pp. 97-103, 2006.
-  H. Noguchi, T. Mori, and T. Sato, “Automatic Generation and Connection of Program Components based on RDF Sensor Description in Network Middleware,” In the 2006 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robotics and Systems (IROS’06), pp. 2008-2014, October 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.