Probabilistic Localization of Mobile Wireless LAN Client in Multistory Building Based on Sparse Bayesian Learning
Tomohiro Umetani*, Tomoya Yamashita**, and Yuichi Tamura*
*Department of Intelligence and Informatics, Konan University, 8-9-1 Okamoto, Higashinada, Kobe, Hyogo 658-8501, Japan
**Graduate School of Natural Science, Konan University
-  J. H. Lee and H. Hashimoto, “Intelligent Space – concept and contents,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.16, No.3, pp. 265-280, 2002.
-  J. Hightower and G. Borrieello, “Location Systems for Ubiquitous Computing,” IEEE Computer, Vol.34, No.8, pp. 57-66, 2001.
-  T. Manesis and N. Avouris, “Survey of position location techniques in mobile systems,” in: Proc. 7th Int. Conf. on Human Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices & Services, pp. 291-294, 2005.
-  M. E. Tipping, “Sparse Bayesian Learning and the Relevance Vector Machine,” J. ofMachine Learning Research, Vol.1, pp. 211-244, 2001.
-  H. Zhang and J.Malik, “Selecting Shape Features UsingMulti-class Relevance Vector Machine,” Technical Report No.UCB/EECS-2005-6, University of California at Berkeley, 2005.
-  H. Liu, H. Darabi, P. Banerjee, and J. Liu, “A Survey of Wireless Indoor Positioning Techniques and Systems,” IEEE Trans. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics – Part C: Applications and Reviews, Vol.37, No.6, pp. 1067-1080, 2007.
-  P. Enge and P. Misra, “Special Issue on GPS: The Global Positioning System,” Proc. IEEE, Vol.87, No.1, pp. 3-15, 1999.
-  A. Georgiev and P. K. Allen, “Localization Methods for a Mobile Robot in Urban Environments,” IEEE Trans. Robotics, Vol.20, No.5, pp. 851-864, 2004.
-  K. Kodaka, H. Niwa, and S. Sugano, “Active Localization of a Robot on a Lattice of RFID Tags by Using an Entropy Map,” in: Proc. 2009 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3921-3927, 2009.
-  D. Joho, C. Plagemann, and W. Burgard, “Modeling RFID Signal Strength and Tag Detection for Localization and Mapping,” in: Proc. 2009 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3160-3165, 2009.
-  H. Ahn and W. Yu, “Environmental-Adaptive RSSI-Based Indoor Localization,” IEEE Trans. Automation Science and Engineering, Vol.6, No.4, pp. 626-632, 2009.
-  J. Rekimoto, T. Miyaki, and T. Ishizawa, “LifeTag: WiFi-based Continuous Location Logging for Life Pattern Analysis,” in: Proc. 3rd Int. Symposium on Location- and Context-Awareness (LoCA2007), pp. 35-49, 2007.
-  S. Ito and N. Kawaguchi, “Bayesian Based Location Estimation System Using Wireless LAN,” in: Proc. 3rd Int. Conf. on Pervasive Computing and Communication Workshop (PerCom 2005 Workshops), pp. 273-278, 2005.
-  N. Kawaguchi, “WiFi Location Information System for Both Indoors and Outdoors,” Lecture Notes In Computer Science, Vol.5518, pp. 638-645, 2009.
-  P. Bahl and V. N. Padmanabhan, “RADAR: An In-Building RFBased User Location and Tracking System,” in: Proc. IEEE Infocom 2000, Vol.2, pp. 775-784, 2000.
-  P. Bahl and V. N. Padmanabhan, “Enhancements to the RADAR User Location and Tracking System,” Technical Report MSR-TR-2000-12, Microsoft Research, 2000.
-  A. M. Ladd, K. E. Bekris, A. P. Rudys, D. S. Wallach, and L. E. Kavraki, “On the Feasibility of Using Wireless Ethernet for Indoor Localization,” IEEE Trans. Robotics and Automation, Vol.20, No.3, pp. 555-559, 2004.
-  A. M. Ladd, K. E. Bekris, A. P. Rudys, L. E. Kavraki, and D. S. Wallach, “Robotics-Based Location Sensing Using Wireless Ethernet,” Wireless Networks, Vol.11, No.1-2, pp. 189-204, 2005.
-  M. N. Borenović and A. M. Nešković, “Positioning in WLAN environment by use of artificial neural networks and space partitioning,” Annals of Telecommunications, Vol.64, No.9-10, pp. 665-676, 2009.
-  S. Thrun, W. Burgard, and D. Fox, “Probabilistic Robotics,” MIT Press, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.