Range Estimation Technique Using Received Signal Strength Indication on Low Frequency Waves
Kenichi Ohara*, Yuji Abe*, Tomohito Takubo*,
Yasushi Mae*, Tamio Tanikawa**, and Tatsuo Arai*
*Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University, 1-3 Machikaneyama, Toyonaka, Osaka 560-8531, Japan
**National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), 1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8568, Japan
-  M. Weiser, “The computer for the 21st Century,” Pervasive Computing, IEEE, Vol.99, No.1, pp. 19-25, 2002.
-  J. E. Bardram, “Applications of Context-Aware Computing in Hospital Work – Examples and Design Principles,” In Proc. of the 2004 ACMsymposium on Applied computing (SAC ’04), pp. 1574-1579, 2004.
-  J. Fink, N. Michael, A. Kushleyev, and V. Kumar, “Experimental Characterization of Radio Signal Propagation in Indoor Environments with Application to Estimation and Control,” In The 2009 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2834-2839, 2009.
-  D. Fox, J. Hightower, L. Liao, D. Schulz, and G. Borriello, “Bayesian Filtering for Location Estimation,” pp. 24-33, 2003.
-  R. Want, A. Hopper, V. Falcao, and J. Gibbons, “The Active Badge Location System,” ACM Trans. on Information Systems (TOIS), Vol.10, No.1, pp. 91-102, 1992.
-  N. B. Priyantha, A. Chakraborty, and H. Balakrishnan, “The Cricket Location-Support System,” In MobiCom ’00: Proc. of the 6th Annual Int. Conf. on Mobile computing and networking, pp. 32-43, Boston, Massachusetts, United States, ACM, 2000.
-  A.Ward, A. Jones, and A. Hopper, “A New Location Technique for the Active Office,” Personal Communications, IEEE, Vol.4, No.5, pp. 42-47, 1997.
-  A. Harter, A. Hopper, P. Steggles, A. Ward, and P. Webster, “The Anatomy of a Context-Aware Application,” Wireless Networks, Vol.8, pp. 187-197, 2002.
-  N. Patwari, A. O. Hero, III, M. Perkins, N. S. Correal, and R. J. O’Dea, “Relative location estimation in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol.51, No.8, pp. 2137-2148, 2003.
-  H. Niwa, K. Kodaka, Y. Sakamoto, M. Otake, S. Kawaguchi, K. Fujii, Y. Kanemori, and S. Sugano, “GPS-based Indoor Positioning system with Multi-Channel Pseudolite,” In IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation 2008 (ICRA 2008), pp. 905-910, 2008.
-  J. X. Lee, Z. W. Lin, P. S. Chin, and C. L. Law, “A Scheme to Compensate Time Drift in Time Difference of Arrival Localization Among Non-Synchronized Sensor Nodes,” In Vehicular Technology Conf. 2009, VTC Spring 2009, IEEE 69th, pp. 1-4, 2009.
-  K. I. Ahmed and G. Heidari-Bateni, “Improving Two-Way Ranging Precision with Phase-offset Measurements,” In Global Telecommunications Conf. 2006, GLOBECOM ’06, IEEE, pp. 1-6, 2006.
-  B. Paramvir and V. N. Padmanabhan, “RADAR: An In-Building RF-based User Location and Tracking System,” INFOCOM 2000, Nineteenth Annual Joint Conf. of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, Vol.2, pp. 775-784, 2000.
-  M. Sugano, T. Kawazoe, Y. Ohta, and M. Murata, “Indoor Localization System using RSSI Measurement of Wireless Sensor Network based on ZigBee Standard,” In Proc. of Wireless and Optical Communications’06, 2006.
-  S.-Y. Lau, T.-H. Lin, T.-Y. Huang, I.-H. Ng, and P. Huang, “A measurement study of ZigBee-based indoor localization systems under RF interference,” In WINTECH ’09: Proc. of the 4th ACM Int. workshop on Experimental evaluation and characterization, pp. 35-42, Beijing, China, ACM, 2009.
-  S. J. Halder, T. Y. Choi, J. H. Park, S. H. Kang, S. W. Park, and J. G. Park, “Enhanced ranging using adaptive filter of ZIGBEE RSSI and LQI measurement,” In iiWAS ’08: Proc. of the 10th Int. Conf. on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services, pp. 367-373, Linz, Austria, ACM, 2008.
-  K. Ohara, B. K. Kim, and T. Tanikawa, “Ubiquitous Spot Service for Robotic Environment,” In Int. Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction, pp. 158-163, Tokyo, Japan, 2006.
-  S. Hara and D. Anzai, “Experimental Performance Comparison of RSSI and TDOA-Based Location Estimation Methods,” In Vehicular Technology Conf. 2008, VTC Spring 2008, IEEE, pp. 2651-2655, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.