Hovering Control of Outdoor Blimp Robots Based on Path Following
Hitomu Saiki*, Takanori Fukao*, Takateru Urakubo**,
and Takashi Kohno***
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kobe University, 1-1 Rokkodai-cho, Nada-ku, Kobe, Hyogo 657-8501, Japan
**Department of System Science, Kobe University, Japan
***Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, Japan
-  Working papers of special project to decrease wide-scale disaster, 2006. (in Japanese)
-  G. A. Khoury and J. D. Gillet, “Airship Technology,” Cambridge University Press, 1999.
-  J. R. Azinheira, E. de Paiva, J. Ramos, S. S. Bueno, M. Bergerrnan, and S. B. V. Gomez, “Extended DynamicModel for Aurora Robotic Airship,” 14th AIAA Lighter-Than-Air Conf. and Exhibition, 2001.
-  P. Kungi, M. Schlenker, and B. Krplin, “Research and testing activities with the solar-powered airship LOTTE within the scope of the airship research group at the University of Stuttgart,” AIAA 14th Lighter Than Air Convention and Exhibition, 2001.
-  A. Turner, “Development of a semi-autonomous control system for the UVA solar airship AZTEC,” 3rd Int. Airship Convention and Exhibition, 2001.
-  Y. Bestaui and S. Hima, “Some insight in path planning of small autonomous blimps,” in Archives of Control Sciences, Polish Academy of Sciences, Vol.11, No.3-4, pp. 21-49, 2001.
-  E. Hygounenc and P. Soueres, “Lateral path following GPS-based autonomous blimps,” Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, 2003.
-  S. Maekawa, M. Nakadate, and A. Takegawa, “Structures of the low-altitude stationary flight test vehicle,” AIAA 5th Aviation, Technology, Integration, and Operations Conf., pp. 662-666, 2005.
-  T. Fukao, A. Yuzuriha, T. Suzuki, T. Kanzawa, T. Oshibuchi, K. Osuka, T. Kohno, M. Okuyama, Y. Tomoi, and M. Nakadate, “Inverse Optimal Velocity Field Control of an Outdoor Blimp Robot – Blimp Surveillance Systems for Rescue –,” IFAC World Congress, 2008.
-  C. Jin, Y. Jianqiang, and Z. Dongbin, “Stabilization of an underactuated surface vessel via discontinuous control,” American Control Conf. 2007, 2007.
-  M. Bao-li, “Global kappa-exponential asymptotic stabilization of underactuated surface vessels,” Systems and Control Letters, Vol.58, 2009.
-  M. Yamada and M. Tomizuka, “Robust Global Exponential Stabilization of an Underactuated Airship,” Proc. of the IFAC World Congress, 2005.
-  M. Yamada, Y. Taki, A. Katayama, and Y. Funahashi, “Robust Global Stabilization and Disturbance Rejection of an Underactuated Nonholonomic Airship,” Proc. of the 16th IEEE Int. Conf. on Control Applications, pp. 886-891, 2007.
-  H. Saiki, T. Fukao, and T. Kohno, “Automatic Landing Control of Outdoor Blimp Robots,” 9th IFAC Symposium on Robot Control, 2009.
-  J. B. Pomet, “Explicit design of time-varying stabilizing control laws for a class of controllable systems without drift,” Systems and Control Letters, Vol.18, pp. 147-158, 1992.
-  E. D. Sontag, “Mathematical Control Theory,” Springer, 1998.
-  R. Sepulchre and M. Jancovic, “Constructive Nonlinear Control,” Springer, 1996.
-  T. Fukao, “Inverse optimal tracking control of a nonholonomic mobile robot,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1475-1480, 2004.
-  Z. Artstein, “Stabilization with relaxed controls,” Nonlinear Analysis, Vol.7, pp. 1163-1173, 1983.
-  E. D. Sontag, “A Lyapunov-like characterization of asymptotic controllability,” SIAMJ. on Control and Optimization, Vol.21, pp. 462-471, 1983.
-  E. D. Sontag, “Remarks on stabilization and input-to-state stability,” Proc. of 28th CDC, Tampa, FL, pp. 1376-1378, 1989.
-  M. Nakadate, T. Kohno, and M. Okuyama, “On-going UAV R&D at JAXA’s Aviation Program Group – With Emphasis on LTA Flight Test –,” Int. Airship Convention, pp. 71165-71186, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.