Tsukuba Challenge 2009 – Towards Robots Working in the Real World: Records in 2009 –
Shin’ichi Yuta*1, Makoto Mizukawa*2, Hideki Hashimoto*3,
Hirofumi Tashiro*4, and Tsuyoshi Okubo*5
*1University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
*2Shibaura Institute of Technology, Japan
*3The University of Tokyo, Japan
*4New Technology Foundation, Japan
*5Tsukuba City Office, Japan
We organized the “Tsukuba Challenge 2009,” which took place November 20-21 in Tsukuba, Japan. The “Tsukuba Challenge” is a Real World Robot Challenge which aims at realizing practical intelligent robots that can work in the real environment of daily life. As the objective of the Tsukuba Challenge 2009, the robots were required to make their way, safely and autonomously, over 1 km down a pedestrian street and through a park in Tsukuba.
Hirofumi Tashiro, and Tsuyoshi Okubo, “Tsukuba Challenge 2009 – Towards Robots Working in the Real World: Records in 2009 –,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.23, No.2, pp. 201-206, 2011.
-  S. Yuta, H. Hashimoto, and H. Tashiro, “Tsukuba Challenge – Real World Robot Challenge (RWRC): Toward actual autonomous robots in our daily life,” The 25th Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, 3D19, 2007.
-  S. Yuta, “Tsukuba Challenge – Towards the robots work in real world,” SI2007, 3C1-1, 2007.
-  S. Yuta, M. Mizukawa, H. Hashimoto, and H. Tashiro, “Tsukuba Challenge 2008 – The RealWorld Robot Challenge for robot which works in our daily life environment,” SI2008, 1I3-1, pp. 367-368, 2008.
-  S. Yuta, M. Mizukawa, H. Hashimoto, and H. TASHIRO, “Tsukuba Challenge 2008 – The RealWorld Robot Challenge for robot which works in our daily life environment,” keynote speech, Tsukuba Challenge Symposium, Jan. 2009.
-  S. Yuta, M. Mizukawa, H. Hashimoto, and H. Tashiro, “Tsukuba Challenge 2008: The purpose and result on the Real World Robot Challenge,” JSME Robotics and Mechatronics Conf. 2009, 2A2-F08(1)-(4), 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.