Two-Dimensional Wireless Power Supply to Ubiquitous Robots Using Microwaves
Hiroyuki Shinoda*1, Yasutoshi Makino*2, Naoshi Yamahira*3,
and Hiroto Itai*4
*1The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
*3JFE Steel Corporation
*4Cellcross Co. Ltd.
-  H. Ishihara and T. Fukuda, “Micro Autonomous Robotic System,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.11, No.5, pp. 443-447, 1999.
-  T. Sekitani, M. Takamiya, Y. Noguchi, S. Nakano, Y. Kato, T. Sakurai, and T. Someya, “A large-area wireless power-transmission sheet using printed organic transistors and plastic MEMS switches,” Nature Materials, Vol.6, pp. 413-417, 2007.
-  N. Shinohara, H. Matsumoto, and K. Hashimoto, “Solar Power Station/Satellite (SPS) with Phase Controlled Magnetrons,” IEICE Trans. Electron, Vol.E86-C, No.8, pp. 1550-1555, 2003.
-  A. Karalis, J. D. Joannopoulos, and M. Soljačić, “Efficient wireless non-radiative mid-range energy transfer,” Annals of Physics, Vol.323, No.1, pp. 34-48, 2008.
-  N. Yamahira, Y. Makino, H. Itai, and H. Shinoda, “Proximity Connection in Two-Dimensional Signal Transmission,” Proc. SICEICASE Int. Joint Conf. 2006, Oct., Busan, Korea, pp. 2735-2740, 2006.
-  A. Noda and H. Shinoda, “Power Transmission Coupler for Low Leakage 2D-Communication Sheet,” Proc. INSS2009, Pittsburgh, June 17-19, pp. 24-30, 2009.
-  Y. Monnai and H. Shinoda, “Converting 2D Microwave into 3D Beam Using Dielectric Grating Antenna,” Proc. INSS2009, Pittsburgh, June 17-19, pp. 183-187, 2009.
-  J. D. Kraus and D. A. Fleisch, “Electromagnetics with Applications, 5th Edition,” McGraw-Hill, pp. 480-487, 1999.
-  T. Miura, N. Shinohara, and H. Matsumoto, “Experimental Study of Rectenna Connection for Microwave Power Transmission,” Electronics and Communications in Japan, Part2, Vol.84, No.2, pp. 27-36, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.