Development of Microfabrication Technology with Maskless Photolithography Device Using LCD Projector
Kazuyoshi Itoga, Jun Kobayashi, Masayuki Yamato,
and Teruo Okano
Institute of Advanced Biomedical Engineering and Science at TWIns, Tokyo Women’s Medical University, 8-1 Kawada-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-8666, Japan
-  J. M. Ng, I. Gitlin, A. D. Stroock, and G. M. Whitesides, “Components for integrated poly(dimethylsiloxane) microfluidic systems. Electrophoresis,” Vol.23, No.20, pp. 3461-3473, 2002.
-  S. N. Bhatia, M. L. Yarmush, and M. Toner, “Controlling cell interactions by micropatterning in co-cultures: hepatocytes and 3t3 fibroblasts,” J. Biomed.Mater. Res., Vol.34, No.2, pp. 189-199, 1997.
-  C. D. McFarland, C. H. Thomas, C. Filippis, J. G. Steele, and K. E. Healy, “Protein adsorption and cell attachment to patterned surfaces,” J. Biomed. Mater. Res., Vol.49, No.2, pp. 200-210, 2000.
-  G. Chen, Y. Imanishi, and Y. Ito,“Effect of protein and cell behavior on pattern-grafted thermoresponsive polymer,” J. Biomed. Mater. Res., Vol.42, No.1, pp. 38-44, 1998.
-  T. Matsuda and T. Sugawara, “Development of surface photochemical modification method for micropatterning of cultured cells,” J. Biomed. Mater. Res., Vol.29, No.6, pp. 749-756, 1995.
-  K. Itoga, M. Yamato, J. Kobayashi, A. Kikuchi, and T. Okano, “Cell micropatterning using photopolymerization with a liquid crystal device commercial projector,” Biomaterials, Vol.25, No.11, pp. 2047-2053, 2004.
-  K. Itoga, M. Yamato, J. Kobayashi, A. Kikuchi, and T. Okano, “Micropatterned surfaces prepared using a liquid crystal projectormodified photopolymerization device and microfluidics,” J. Biomed. Mater. Res. A., Vol.69, No.3, pp. 391-397, 2004.
-  K. Itoga, J. Kobayashi, M. Yamato, A. Kikuchi, and T. Okano, “Maskless liquid-crystal-display projection photolithography for improved design flexibility of cellular micropatterns,” Biomaterials, Vol.27, No.15, pp. 3005-3009, 2006.
-  J. Kobayashi, M. Yamato, K. Itoga, A. Kikuchi, and T. Okano, “Preparation of microfluidic devices using micropatterning of a photosensitive material by a maskless, liquid-crystal-display projection method,” Adv. Mater., Vol.16, No.22, pp. 1997-2001, 2004.
-  K. Itoga, J. Kobayashi, Y. Tsuda, M. Yamato, and T. Okano, “Second-generation maskless photolithography device for surface micropatterning and microfluidic channel fabrication,” Anal. Chem., Vol.80, No.4, pp. 1323-1327, 2008.
-  K. Wada, A. Taniguchi, J. Kobayashi, M. Yamato, and Okano, “Live cells-based cytotoxic sensorchip fabricated in a microfluidic system,” Biotechnol Bioeng., Vol.99, No.6, pp. 1513-1517, 2008.
-  Y. Tsuda, T. Shimizu, M. Yamato, A. Kikuchi, T. Sasagawa, S. Sekiya, J. Kobayashi, G. Chen, and T. Okano, “Cellular control of tissue architectures using a three-dimensional tissue fabrication technique,” Biomaterials, Vol.28, No.33, pp. 4939-4946, 2007.
-  I. E. Hannachi, K. Itoga, Y. Kumashiro, J. Kobayashi, M. Yamato, and T. Okano “Fabrication of transferable micropatterned-co-cultured cell sheets with microcontact printing,” Biomaterials, Vol.30, No.29, pp. 5427-5432, 2009.
-  D. Sasaki, T. Shimizu, S. Masuda, J. Kobayashi, K. Itoga, Y. Tsuda, J. K. Yamashita, M. Yamato, and T. Okano, “Mass preparation of size-controlled mouse embryonic stem cell aggregates and induction of cardiac differentiation by cell patterning method,” Biomaterials, Vol.30, No.26, pp. 4384-489, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.