Measurements of Nonlinear Electrical Impedances by Virtue of Induced Conformational Changes in DNAs
Takatoki Yamamoto*, Sangwook Lee**, and Teruo Fujii**
*Tokyo Institute of Technology, 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 135-8550, Japan
**Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo, 4-6-1 Komaba Meguro-ku Tokyo, 153-8505, Japan
-  J. West, M. Becker, S. Tombrink, and A. Manz, “Micro Total Analysis Systems: Latest Achievements,” Analytical Chemistry, Vol.80, No.12, pp. 4403-4419, 2008.
-  P. G. Righetti, C. Gelfi, and M. R. D’Acunto, “Recent progress in DNA analysis by capillary electrophoresis,” Electrophoresis, Vol.23, No.10, pp. 1361-74, 2002.
-  E. Katz and I. Willner, “Probing Biomolecular Interactions at Conductive and Semiconductive Surfaces by Impedance Spectroscopy: Routes to Impedimetric Immunosensors, DNA-Sensors, and Enzyme Biosensors,” Electroanalysis, Vol.15, No.11, pp. 913-947, 2003.
-  J. Wang, Nucleic Acids Research, “From DNA biosensors to gene chips,” Vol.28, No.16, pp. 3011-3016, 2000.
-  H. P. Schwan, “Dielectric spectroscopy of biological materials and field interactions: the connection with Gerhard Schwarz,” Biophysical Chemistry, Vol.85, No.2-3, pp. 273-278, 2000.
-  H. P. Schwan, “The practical success of impedance techniques from an historical perspectives,” Ann. NY Acad. Sci., Vol.873 (Electrical Bioimpedance Methods: Applications to Medicine and Biotechnology), pp. 1-12, 1999.
-  S. Takashima, “Electrical properties of biopolymers and membranes,” A. Hilger: Bristol, Philadelphia, 1989.
-  T. Yamamoto and F. Teruo, “A MICROFABRICATION USING VACUUM ULTRAVIOLET LIGHT FOR µ-TAS APPLICATIONS,” Proc. of µ-TAS 2004, pp 133-135, 2004.
-  B. M. Olivera, P. Baine, and N. Davidson, “Electrophoresis of the nucleic acids,” Biopolymers, Vol.2, pp. 245-257, 1964,
-  M. Washizu and O. Kurosawa, “Electrostatic manipulation of DNA in microfabricated structures,” IEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol.26, No.6, pp. 1165-1172, 1990.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.