Design and Fabrication of All-in-One Unified Microfluidic Chip for Automation of Embryonic Cell Manipulation
Yoko Yamanishi*1, Shinya Sakuma*2, Tomohiro Iyanagi*2,
Fumihito Arai*3, Tatsuo Arai*4, Akiyuki Hasegawa*4,
Tamio Tanikawa*5, Akihiko Ichikawa*5, Osamu Satoh*6,
Akihiro Nakayama*6, Hiroshi Aso*7, Mitsuhiro Goto*7,
Seiya Takahashi98, and Kazutsugu Matsukawa*8
*1JST PRESTO, Department of Mechanical Science & Engineering, Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8603, Japan
*2Tohoku University, Japan
*3Nagoya University, Japan
*4Osaka University, Japan
-  K. H. Campbell, P. Loi, P. Cappai, and I. Wilmut, “Improved Development to Blastocyst of Ovine Nuclear Transfer Embryos Reconstructed during the Presumptive S-Phase of Enucleated Activated Oocytes,” Biology of Reproduction Vol.50, pp. 1385-1393, 1994.
-  Y. Kimura and R. Yanagimachi, “Intracytoplasmic sperm injection in the mouse,” Biology of Reproduction, Vol.52, No.4, p. 709, 1995.
-  T. Arai, “Automated Embryonic Cell Manipulation Using Micro Robotics Technology,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robotics and Systems (IROS), in Workshop “Bio-medical Micro-Nano Robotics: New trends and future aspects in the next decade,” 2007.
-  A. Hasegaw, H. Uvet, K. Ohara, T. Takubo, Y. Mae, and T. Arai, “Self-controlled cell supply system for somatic cell cloning work in microfluidic chip,” MicroTAS2009, pp. 1255-1257, 2009.
-  A. Ichikawa, T. Tanikawa, K. Matsukawa, S. Takahashi, and K. Ohba, “Fluorescent Monitoring Using Microfludics Chip and Development of Syringe Pump for Automation of Enucleation to Automate Cloning,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 2231-2236, 2009.
-  S. Sakuma, Y. Yamanishi, and F. Arai, “Magnetically Driven Microtools Actuated by a Focused Magnetic Field for Separating of Micro-particles,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.2, pp. 209-215, 2009.
-  Y. Yamanishi, S. Sakuma, K. Onda, and F. Arai, “Biocompatible Polymeric Magnetically Driven Microtool for Particle Sorting,” J. of Micro and Nano Mechatronics, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 49-57, 2008.
-  O. Satoh, A. Nakayama, S. Yamada, F. Arai, Y. Yamanishi, and S. Sakuma, “Investigation of On-chip Cell Coupling Module in Microfluidic Environments,” System Integration (SI2008), pp. 593-594, 2008.
-  H. Aso, M. Goto, S. Yamada, F. Arai, and S. Sakuma, “The cell fusion module using minute channel environment,” System Integration (SI2008), pp. 595-596, 2008.
-  U. Zimmerman and J. Vienken, “Electric field-induced cell-to-cell fusion,” J. Membrane Biol., Vol.67, pp. 165-182, 1982.
-  M. Yamada, K. Kano, Y. Tsuda, J. Kobayashi, M. Yamato, M. Seki, and T. Okano, “Microfluidic devices for size-dependent separation of liver cells,” Biomedical Microdevices, Vol.9, pp. 637-645, 2007.
-  M. Yamada, J. Kobayashi, M. Yamato, M. Seki, and T. Okano, “Millisecond treatment of cells using microfluidic devices via twostep carrier-medium exchange,” Lab on a Chip, Vol.8, pp. 772-778, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.