Outdoor Environments Walking by Biped Passive Dynamic Walker with Constraint Mechanism
Kazuyuki Hyodo*, Sadayoshi Mikami**, and Sho’ji Suzuki**
*Toyota Tech. Inst., 2-12-1 Hisakata, Nagoya, Aichi 468-8511, Japan
**Future University-Hakodate, 116-2 Kamedanakano, Hakodate-City, Hokkaido 041-8655, Japan
This paper verified the stability of passive dynamic bipedal walking indoors and outdoors using a foot shape enhancing walking stability and implementing control constraint. Outdoor walking is difficult for walkers due to the unpredictable aspects of loose slopes, bumpy surfaces, and uneven friction on roads.
-  T. McGeer, “Passive Dynamic Walking,” Int. J. of Rob. Res., Vol.9, No.2, pp. 62-82, 1990.
-  T. McGeer, “Passibr dynamic biped catalogue,” The 2nd Int. Symp. on Experimental Robotics II, 1993.
-  F. Asano, M. Yamakita, N. Kamamichi, and Z.-W. Luo, “A Novel Gait Generation for Biped Walking Robots Based on Mechanical Energy Constraint,” IEEE trans. Robotics and Automation, Vol.20, No.3, pp. 565-573, 2004.
-  Y. Ikemata, A. Sano, and H. Fujimoto, “Generation and Local Stabilization of Fixed Point Based on a Stability Mechanism of Passive Walking,” Int. Conf. on Robtics and Automation, pp. 836-841, 2006.
-  Y. Ikemata, A. Sano, K. Yasuhara, and H. Fujimoto, “Dynamic effects of arc feet on the leg motion of passive walker,” Int. Conf. on Robtics and Automation, pp. 2755-2760, 2009.
-  K. Hyodo, S. Mikami, and S. Suzuki, “Stabilizing Passive Dynamic Walk by Constraining Leg Angles by Foot Shape,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, pp. 4656-4661, 2003.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.