Development of the Small Flow Rate Water Hydraulic Servo Valve
Toshiya Watanabe, Tomokazu Inayama, and Takeo Oomichi
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Meijo University, 1-501 Shiogamaguchi, Tenpakuku, Nagoyashi, Aichi 468-8502, Japan
A small capacity servo valve was developed for a small size water hydraulic manipulator, focusing the saving energy. The new servo valve optimizes the machines small flow rate use, makes the stroke longer for wideband use, reduces leakage and makes control easier. The test and evaluation of the servo valve was conducted by examining flow rate characteristics, leakage characteristics and responsibility. The flow rate and leak rate of the servo valve shows to be the same as the oil hydraulic servo valve, while the step and frequency response show good controllability for the water hydraulic manipulator.
-  E. Urat, S. Miyagawa, C. Yamashina, Y. Nakao, Y. Usami, and M. Sinoda, “Development of a Water hydraulic Servo valve,” JSME Int. J. Ser. B, Fluids and thermal engineering Vol.41, No.2, pp. 286-294, 1998.
-  M. A. ELGAMIL, S. A. KASSEM, and H. Kanki, “Performance of Single Stage Four Nozzles Pintle Type Hydraulic Servovalves,” JSME Int. J. Ser. C, Mechanical systems, machine elements and manufacturing, Vol.42, No.2, pp. 328-334, 1999.
-  E. Urata and C. Yamashina, “Influence of Flow Force on the Flapper of a Water Hydraulic Servovalve,” JSME Int. J. Ser. B, Fluids and thermal engineering Vol.41, No.2, pp. 278-285, 1998.
-  T. Oomichi and A. Tanaka, “Development of Water hydraulic Sensor Control System Considering Water Characteristics,” Thesis of Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Ser. C, Vol.62, No.599, pp. 96-103, 1996.
-  E. Urata and Y. Nakao, “Study of a Flapper-Nozzle System for a Water Hydraulic Servovalve,” JSME Int. J. Ser. B, Fluids and thermal engineering, Vol.41, No.2, pp. 270-277, 1998.
-  MOOG JAPAN, Catalog of Direct Drive Servo valve, J633 Series.
-  S. Washino, T. Konishi, K. Nishii, and A. Tanaka, “Research on Wave Phenomena in Hydraulic Lines : 11th Report, Experimental Investigation on Nonlinear Characteristics of Pulsating Orifice Flow,” Thesis of Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Ser. B, Vol.48, No.428, pp. 673-680, 1982.
-  T. Izuchi, M. Hotta, T. Oomichi, S. Seki, and J. Koyama, “Development of Network Pulg-in Actuator,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.2, 2007.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.