Development of BilateralWearable Device Kento for Control Robots Using Muscle-Actuator Modules
Kazuo Hongo*, Yuto Nakanishi*, Mariko Yoshida*,
Ikuo Mizuuchi**, and Masayuki Inaba***
*Dept. of Mechano-Informatics, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
**Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 2-24-16 Nakacho, Koganei-shi, Tokyo 184-8588, Japan
***Dept. of Creative Informatics, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
The bilateral wearable device with stiffness-adjustable muscle-actuator modules we developed to control robots by sensing external force from them and teaching them movement for contact with their surroundings. Experiments confirmed that maneuvering a musculoskeletal humanoid fed back the humanoid’s force to a manipulator and its force feedback through bilateral control enabled the manipulator to engage in safe contact with its environment.
-  T. Sakaguchi, T. Kanamori, H. Katayose, K. Sato, and S. Inokuchi, “Human Motion Capture by Integrating Gyroscopes and Accelerometer,” Proc. of 1996 IEEE/SICE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Multisensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems, pp. 470-475, 1996.
-  D. M. Gavrila, “The Visual Analysis of Human Movement: A Survey,” J. of Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.73, No.1, pp. 82-98, 1999.
-  S. Tachi, “Telexistence: Next-Generation Networked Robotics,” Ohmsha, Telecommunication, Teleimmersion and Telexistence II, pp. 3-38, 2005.
-  I. Mizuuchi, Y. Nakanishi, Y. Sodeyama, Y. Namiki, T. Nishino, N. Muramatsu, J. Urata, K. Hongo, T. Yoshikai, and M. Inaba, “An Advanced Musculoskeletal Humanoid Kojiro,” Humanoids2007, pp. 294-299, 2007.
-  H. Kawamoto and Y. Sankai, “Power Assist System HAL-3 for Gait Disorder Person,” Proc. of the 8th Int. Conf. on Computers Helping People with Special Needs, pp. 196-203, 2002.
-  H. Kobayashi and H. Nozaki, “Development of Support System for Forward Tilting of the Upper Body,” Proc. of 2008 IEEE Int. Conf. on Mechatronics and Automation, WC3-1, 2008.
-  K. Nakanishi, D. Sasaki, T. Noritsugu, and M. Takaiwa, “Development of Wearable Master-Slave Device for Upper Limb constructed with Pneumatic Rubber Muscles,” RSJ08E, 3K1-03, 2008.
-  I. Mizuuchi, T. Yoshikai, Y. Sodeyama, Y. Nakanishi, A. Miyadera, T. Yamamoto, T. Niemel, M. Hayashi, J. Urata, Y. Namiki, T. Nishino, and M. Inaba, “Development of Musculoskeletal Humanoid Kotaro,” Proc. of the 2006 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 82-87, 2006.
-  M. Yoshida, N. Muramatsu, I. Mizuuchi, and M. Inaba, “Design of the Compact Nonlinear Spring and Motor Unit for Adjustment of Stiffness,” ROBOMEC08E, 2A1-H12, 2008.
-  H. Kobayashi and R. Ozawa, “Adaptive Neural Network Control of Tendon-Driven Mechanisms with Elastic Tendons,” Automatica, Vol.39, No.9, pp. 1509-1519, 2003.
-  Y. Nakanishi, Y. Sodeyama, I. Mizuuchi, and M. Inaba, “Spherical Joint Pose Estimation Based on Redundant Muscles’ Length Displacement,” RSJ08E, 1I3-04, 2008.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.