Development of Bilateral Wearable Device Kento for Control Robots Using Muscle-Actuator Modules
Kazuo Hongo*, Yuto Nakanishi*, Mariko Yoshida*,
Ikuo Mizuuchi**, and Masayuki Inaba***
*Dept. of Mechano-Informatics, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
**Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 2-24-16 Nakacho, Koganei-shi, Tokyo 184-8588, Japan
***Dept. of Creative Informatics, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
The bilateral wearable device with stiffness-adjustable muscle-actuator modules we developed to control robots by sensing external force from them and teaching them movement for contact with their surroundings. Experiments confirmed that maneuvering a musculoskeletal humanoid fed back the humanoid’s force to a manipulator and its force feedback through bilateral control enabled the manipulator to engage in safe contact with its environment.
Ikuo Mizuuchi, and Masayuki Inaba, “Development of Bilateral Wearable Device Kento for Control Robots Using Muscle-Actuator Modules,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.22, No.3, pp. 308-314, 2010.
-  T. Sakaguchi, T. Kanamori, H. Katayose, K. Sato, and S. Inokuchi, “Human Motion Capture by Integrating Gyroscopes and Accelerometer,” Proc. of 1996 IEEE/SICE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Multisensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems, pp. 470-475, 1996.
-  D. M. Gavrila, “The Visual Analysis of Human Movement: A Survey,” J. of Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.73, No.1, pp. 82-98, 1999.
-  S. Tachi, “Telexistence: Next-Generation Networked Robotics,” Ohmsha, Telecommunication, Teleimmersion and Telexistence II, pp. 3-38, 2005.
-  I. Mizuuchi, Y. Nakanishi, Y. Sodeyama, Y. Namiki, T. Nishino, N. Muramatsu, J. Urata, K. Hongo, T. Yoshikai, and M. Inaba, “An Advanced Musculoskeletal Humanoid Kojiro,” Humanoids2007, pp. 294-299, 2007.
-  H. Kawamoto and Y. Sankai, “Power Assist System HAL-3 for Gait Disorder Person,” Proc. of the 8th Int. Conf. on Computers Helping People with Special Needs, pp. 196-203, 2002.
-  H. Kobayashi and H. Nozaki, “Development of Support System for Forward Tilting of the Upper Body,” Proc. of 2008 IEEE Int. Conf. on Mechatronics and Automation, WC3-1, 2008.
-  K. Nakanishi, D. Sasaki, T. Noritsugu, and M. Takaiwa, “Development of Wearable Master-Slave Device for Upper Limb constructed with Pneumatic Rubber Muscles,” RSJ08E, 3K1-03, 2008.
-  I. Mizuuchi, T. Yoshikai, Y. Sodeyama, Y. Nakanishi, A. Miyadera, T. Yamamoto, T. Niemel, M. Hayashi, J. Urata, Y. Namiki, T. Nishino, and M. Inaba, “Development of Musculoskeletal Humanoid Kotaro,” Proc. of the 2006 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 82-87, 2006.
-  M. Yoshida, N. Muramatsu, I. Mizuuchi, and M. Inaba, “Design of the Compact Nonlinear Spring and Motor Unit for Adjustment of Stiffness,” ROBOMEC08E, 2A1-H12, 2008.
-  H. Kobayashi and R. Ozawa, “Adaptive Neural Network Control of Tendon-Driven Mechanisms with Elastic Tendons,” Automatica, Vol.39, No.9, pp. 1509-1519, 2003.
-  Y. Nakanishi, Y. Sodeyama, I. Mizuuchi, and M. Inaba, “Spherical Joint Pose Estimation Based on Redundant Muscles’ Length Displacement,” RSJ08E, 1I3-04, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.