Truly-Tender-Tailed Tag-Playing Robot Interface Through Friendly Amusing Mobile Function
Takafumi Matsumaru, Yasutada Horiuchi, Kosuke Akai,
and Yuichi Ito
Bio-Robotics & Human-Mechatronics Laboratory, Shizuoka University, 3-5-1 Johoku, Naka, Hamamatsu 432-8561, Japan
To expand use of the mobile robot Step-On Interface (SOI), originally targeting maintenance, training, and recovery of human physical and cognitive functions, we introduce a “Truly-Tender-Tailed” (T3, pronounced tee-cube) tag-playing robot as a “Friendly Amusing Mobile” (FAM) function. Displaying a previously prepared bitmap (BMP) image and speeding up display make it easy to design button placement and other screen parameters using a painting software package. The BMP-image scope matrix simplifies step detection and recognition and the motion trajectory design editor facilitates robot behavior design.
and Yuichi Ito, “Truly-Tender-Tailed Tag-Playing Robot Interface Through Friendly Amusing Mobile Function,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.22, No.3, pp. 301-307, 2010.
-  M. Terashima and S. Sakane, “A Human-Robot Interface Using an Extended Digital Desk,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation 1999 (ICRA’99), Vol.4, pp. 2874-2880, 1999.
-  S. Sato and S. Sakane, “A human-robot interface using an interactive hand pointer that projects a mark in the real work space,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation 2000 (ICRA’00), Vol.1, pp. 589-595, 2000.
-  T. Machino et al., “Remote-collaboration system using mobile robot with camera and projector,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, 2006 (ICRA 2006), pp. 4063-4068, 2006.
-  Y. Nakamura et al., “Framework and service allocation for network robot platform and execution of interdependent services,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.56, Issue 10, pp. 793-797, 2008.
-  G. Reinhart, W. Vogl, and I. Kresse, “Projection-based User Interface for Industrial Robots,” IEEE Symp. on Virtual Environments, Human-Computer Interfaces and Measurement Systems 2007 (VECIMS 2007), pp. 67-71, 2007.
-  G. Reinhart, U. Munzert, and W. Vogl, “A programming system for robot-based remote-laser-welding with conventional optics,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.57, Issue 1, pp. 37-40, 2008.
-  K. Hosoi, V. N. Dao, A. Mori, and M. Sugimoto, “VisiCon: a robot control interface for visualizing manipulation using a handheld projector,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Advances in Computer Entertainment Technology (ACE 2007), pp. 99-106, 2007.
-  K. Hosoi, V. N. Dao, A. Mori, and M. Sugimoto, “CoGAME: Manipulation using a Handheld Projector,” 34th Int. Conf. and Exhibition on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques (SIGGRAPH 2007) Emerging Technologies, No.2, 2007.
-  T. Matsumaru, “Mobile Robot with Preliminary-announcement and Display Function of Forthcoming Motion using Projection Equipment,” 15th IEEE Int. Symp. on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN 06), pp. 443-450, 2006.
-  J. Park and G. J. Kim, “Robots with projectors: an alternative to anthropomorphic HRI,” Proc. of 4th ACM/IEEE Int. Conf. on Human robot interaction (HRI 2009), pp. 221-222, 2009.
-  T. Matsumaru, “Operating Device,” Patent Abstracts of Japan, JP 2008-006551 A, Jan. 17, 2008.
[On-Line] Available www.ipdl.inpit.go.jp/homepg_e.ipdl [Accessed Nov. 12, 2009].
-  T. Matsumaru, “A Characteristics Measurement of Two-Dimensional Range Scanner and its Application,” The Open Automation and Control Systems J., Vol.2, pp. 21-30, 2009.
-  T. Matsuamru and K. Akai, “Step-On Interface on Mobile Robot to Operate by Stepping on Projected Button,” The Open Automation and Control Systems J., Vol.2, pp. 85-95, 2009.
-  T. Matsuamru and K. Akai, “Functions of Step-On Interface Equipped on Mobile Robot,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.2, pp. 267-276, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.