Tracked-Vehicle Clutching Position Detectability on Bumps by Distributed Inclination Sensors
Daisuke Inoue, Kazunori Ohno, Masashi Konyo,
and Satoshi Tadokoro
Graduate School of Information Sciences, Tohoku University, 6-6-01 Aramaki Aza Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8579, Japan
We develop Distributed Inclination Sensors (DISs) to measure the distributed inclination of track shoes, i.e., determining where a tracked vehicle clutches road bumps using the reflection-intensity inclination of track shoes due to dead weight. We confirmed in experiments that dead weight on a slope is a major factor in measurement error.
and Satoshi Tadokoro, “Tracked-Vehicle Clutching Position Detectability on Bumps by Distributed Inclination Sensors,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.22, No.3, pp. 293-300, 2010.
-  D. Inoue, M. Konyo, K. Ohno, and S. Tadokoro, “Contact Points Detection for Tracked Mobile Robots Using Inclination of Track Chains,” IEEE/ASME Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, WA-3, No.1 pp. 194-199, 2008.
-  D. Inoue, K. Ohno, S. Nakamura, S. Tadokoro, and E. Koyanagi, “Whole-Body Touch Sensors for Tracked Vehicle Robots Using Force-sensitive Chain Guides,” IEEE Int. Workshop on Safety, Security, and Rescue Robotics, 2A1-5, pp. 71-76, 2008.
-  K. Ohno, S. Morimura, S. Tadokoro, E. Koyanagi, and T. Yoshida, “Semi-autonomous Control System of Rescue Crawler Robot Having Flippers for Getting Over Unknown-Steps,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3012-3018, 2007.
-  L. Ojeda, C. Daniel, G. Reina, and J. Borenstein, “Current-Based Slippage Detection and Odometry Correction for Mobile Robots and Planetary Rovers,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 366-378, 2006.
-  M. Lauria, Y. Piguet, and R. Siegwart, “Octopus - An Autonomous Wheeled Climbing Robot,” The 5th Int. Conf. on Climbing and Walking Robots, 2002.
-  Y. Hoshino, M. Inaba, and H. Inoue, “Model and Processing of Whole-body Tactile Sensor Suit for Human-Robot Contact Interaction,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2281-2286, 1998.
-  A. Nagakubo, H. Alirezaei, and Y. Kuniyoshi, “A deformable and deformation sensitive tactile distribution sensor,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics, pp. 1301-1308, 2007.
-  T. Kimura, “Detection of water on road surface by the polarized light,” Report of the National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, No.51, pp. 203-208, 1993. (in Japanese)
-  K. Watanabe, I. Kageyama, Y. Kuriyagawa, K. Nasukawa, Y. Miyashita, H. Kitagawa, Y. Imada, and H. Naganawa, “A Study on Construction of Estimation Algorithm for Road Conditions,” 11th JSME Transportation and Logistics Conference, pp. 71-74, 2002. (in Japanese)
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.