Recognition and Removal of Interior Facilities by Vision-Based Robot System
S. Rolando Cruz-Ramírez, Tatsuo Arai, Yasushi Mae,
Tomohito Takubo, and Kenichi Ohara
Department of Systems Innovation, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University, 1-3 Machikaneyama, Toyonaka, Osaka 560-8531, Japan
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MLIT, Japan), Task Committee on New Construction Industry, Bureau of Construction Economy.
URL: http://www.mlit.go.jp/sogoseisaku/const/sinko/kumiai/honbun01.htm, (in Japanese).
-  J. Naito, G. Obinta, A. Nakayama, and K. Hase, “Development of a wearable robot for assisting carpentry workers, Advanced Robotic Systems,” Vol.4, No.4, pp. 431-436, 2007.
-  S. N. Yu, S. Y. Lee, C. S. Han, K. Y. Lee, and S. H. Lee, “Development of the curtain wall installation robot: Performance and efficiency tests at a construction site,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.22, No.3, pp. 281-291, 2007.
-  C. Gordon, F. Boukamp, D. Huber, E. Latimer, K. Park, and B. Akinci, “Combining reality capture technologies for construction defect detection: a case study,” in: EIA9 E-Activities and Intelligent Support in Design and the Built Environment 2003, 9th EuropIA Int. Conf., Istanbul, Turkey, pp. 99-108, 2003.
-  J. Maeda, H. Takada, and Y. Abe, “Applicable possibility studies on a humanoid robot to cooperative work on construction site with a human worker,” in: Proc. ISARC 2004 21st Int. Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction, Jeju, Korea, pp. 334-339, 2004.
-  K. Tanaka, M. Kajitani, C. Kanamori, and Y. Abe, “Development of a Construction Robot for Marking on Ceiling Boards (3rd Report, Prototype of the Laser Pointer System),” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.69, No.679, pp. 676-682, 2003.
-  M. J. Bakari, K. M. Zied, and D. W. Seward, “Development of a Multi-Arm Mobile Robot for Nuclear Decommissioning Tasks, Advanced Robotic Systems,” Vol.4, No.4, pp. 387-406, 2007.
-  G. Dini, F. Failli, and M. Santochi, “A disassembly planning software system for the optimization of recycling processes,” Production Planning and Control, 12, pp. 2-12, 2001.
-  U. Büuker, S. Drüue, N. Güotze, G. Hartmann, B. Kalkreuter, R. Stemmer, and R. Trapp, “Vision-based control of an autonomous disassembly station,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.35, pp. 179-189, 2001.
-  Y. Shimoi, K. Kanemaru, T. Morita, K. Fujishima, K. Tomita, and A. Iwasaki, “Operability Assessment of Indoor Dismantlement Assistance Machine,” in: Proc. ISARC 2006 23rd Int. Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction, Tokyo, Japan, pp. 822-827, 2006.
-  M. Kamezaki, H. Iwata, and S. Sugano, “Development of an Operation Skill-Training Simulator for Double-Front Construction Machinery –Training Effect for a House Demolition Work–,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.4, pp. 602-609, 2008.
-  S. R. Cruz-Ramírez, Y. Ishizuka, Y. Mae, T. Takubo, and T. Arai, “Dismantling interior facilities in buildings by human robot collaboration,” in: Proc. ICRA 2008 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Pasadena, CA, USA, pp. 2583-2590, 2008.
-  S. Kunimitsu, H. Asama, K. Kawabata, and T. Mishima, “Development of Crane Vision for Positioning Container,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 186-193, 2004.
-  F. Tomita, T. Yoshimi, T. Ueshiba, Y. Kawai, Y. Sumi, T. Matsushita, N. Ichimura, K. Sugimoto, and Y. Ishiyama, “R&D of versatile 3D vision system VVV,” in: Proc. SMC 1998 IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, San Diego, CA, pp. 4510-4516, 1998.
-  Y. Sumi, Y. Kawai, T. Yoshimi, and F. Tomita, “3D object recognition in cluttered environments by segment-based stereo vision,” Computer Vision, 46, pp. 5-23, 2002.
-  T. Oomichi, T. Arai, K. Inoue, T. Kotoku, T. Tanikawa, and J. Maeda, “Dismantle robot system for categorizing wastes of building renewal,” in: Proc. JSME 2007 Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, Akita, Japan, 1P1-M06, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Ishizuka, S. R. Cruz-Ramírez, Y. Mae, T. Takubo, and T. Arai, “Usability of interface devices for human robot collaboration,” in: Proc. ISFA 2008 Int. Symposium on Flexible Automation, Atlanta, GA, USA, JL036, 2008.
-  J. Maeda, T. Oomichi, T. Arai, K. T. Kotoku, and T. Tanikawa, “System for demolishment of ceiling materials with ID-tags in renewal,” in: Proc. SICE 2008 9th System Integration Division, Gifu, Japan, pp. 267-268, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  T. Kotoku, T. Tanikawa, G. Biggs, B. K. Kim, and K. Ohba, “Cooperative task support system with ID-tag,” in: Proc. SICE 2008 9th System Integration Division, Gifu, Japan, pp. 269-270, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  M.Wakita, T. Nawa, S. Asizawa, K. Inaba, Y. Kuromiya, T.Watanabe, T. Oomichi, “Development of dismantling system for ceiling board using water jet,” in Proc. of SICE 2008 9th System Integration Division, Gifu, Japan, pp. 275-276, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  K. Hashimoto, “A Review on Vision-based Control of Robot Manipulators, Advanced Robotics,” Vol.17, No.10, pp. 969-991, 2003.
-  J. Zhu, Y. Mae, and M. Minami, “Finding and quantitative evaluation of minute flaws on metal surface using hairline,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.54, No.3, pp. 1420-1429, June 2007.
-  O. Morel, C. Stolz, F. Meriaudeau, and P. Gorria, “Active lighting applied to three-dimensional reconstruction of specular metallic surfaces by polarization imaging,” Applied Optics, Vol.45, No.17, pp. 4062-4068, June 2006.
-  S. Yi, R. M. Haralick, and L. G. Shapiro, “Optimal sensor and light source positioning for machine vision,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.61, No.1, pp. 122-137, 1995.
-  S. K. Kopparapu, “Lighting design for machine vision application,” Image and Vision Computing, Vol.24, No.7, pp. 720-726, July 2006.
-  K. Takaki, T. Tomizawa, T. Tanikawa, K. Ohba, and M. Mizukawa, “Distributed actuation module for ubiquitous robot,” in: Proc. ICCAS 2008 Int. Conf. on Control, Automation and Systems, Seoul, Korea, pp. 2394-2399, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.