Dynamic Locomotion of Quadrupeds Tekken3&4 Using Simple Navigation
Yasuhiro Fukuoka*, Hiroki Katabuchi**, and Hiroshi Kimura***
*Department of Intelligent Engineering, College of Engineering, Ibaraki University 4-12-1 Nakanarusawa-cho, Hitachi, Ibaraki 316-8511, Japan
**Automotive Systems Group, Hitachi, Ltd., 1671-1 Kasukawa-cho, Isezaki, Gunma 372-0023, Japan
***Division of Mechanical and System Engineering, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kyoto Institute of Technology Matsugasaki-Goshokaido-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8585, Japan
-  http://fukuoka.ise.ibaraki.ac.jp/index-english.html
-  H. Kimura, Y. Fukuoka, and A. H. Cohen, “Adaptive Dynamic Walking of a Quadruped Robot on Natural Ground based on Biological Concepts,’ Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.26, No.5, pp. 475-490, 2007.
-  E. Krotkov and R. Simmons, “Perception, Planning, and Control for Autonomous Walking With the Ambler Planetary Rover,’ The Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.15, No.2, pp. 155-180, 1996.
-  K. Okabe, H. Mizoguchi, D. Maruyama, K. Hiraoka, T. Shigehara, M. Tanaka, and T. Mishima, “Human walk pitch extraction by robot vision – towards human robot synchronized walking based on neural oscillator entrainment Robot and Human Interactive Communication,’ Proc. of The 12th IEEE Int. Workshop on ROMAN, pp. 285-290, 2003.
-  K. Hosoda, T.Miyashita, S. Takeuchi, and M. Asada, “Adaptive Visual Servoing for Legged Robots –Vision-Cued Swaying of Legged Robots in Unknown Environments–,’ Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems 97, pp. 778-784, 1997.
-  K. Okada, M. Inaba, and H. Inoue, “Walking Navigation System of Humanoid Robot using Stereo Vision based Floor Recognition and Path Planning with Multi-Layered Body Image,’ Proc. of the 2003 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS’03), pp. 2155-2160, 2003.
-  R. M. Alexander, “Optimization and Gaits in the Locomotion of Vertebrates,’ Physiological Reviews, Vol.69, No.4, pp. 1199-1227, 1989.
-  M. A. Lewis, “Detecting surface feature during locomotion using optic flow,’ Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 305-310, 2002.
-  N. J. Cowan, E. J. Ma, M. Cutkosky, and R. J. Full, “A biologically inspired passive antenna for steering control of a running robot,’ Prof. of 11th Int. Symp. on Robotics Research, 2003.
-  S. Grillner, “Control of locomotion in bipeds, tetrapods and fish,’ Handbook of Physiology II, American Physiol. Society, Bethesda, MD. pp. 1179-1236, 1981.
-  K. Matsuoka, “Mechanisms of frequency and pattern control in the neural rhythm generators,’ Biolog. Cybern., 56, pp. 345-353, 1987.
-  G. Taga, Y. Yamaguchi, and H. Shimizu, “Self-organized control of bipedal locomotion by neural oscillators,’ Biolog. Cybern., 65, pp. 147-159, 1991.
-  Y. Fukuoka, H. Kimura, and A. H. Cohen, “Adaptive Dynamic Walking of a Quadruped Robot on Irregular Terrain based on Biological Concepts,’ Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.22, No.3-4, pp. 187-202, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.