Human Following by an Omnidirectional Mobile Robot Using Maps Built from Laser Range-Finder Measurement
Takashi Ogino*, Masahiro Tomono**, Toshinari Akimoto***,
and Akihiro Matsumoto***
*Omori Machinery Co., Ltd., 2761 Nishikata, Koshigaya, Saitama, Japan
**Future Robotics Technology Center, Chiba Institute of Technology, 2-17-1 Tsudanuma Narashino, Chiba 275-0016, Japan
***Dept. of System Robotics, Toyo University, 2100 Kujirai, Kawagoe, Saitama 350-8585, Japan
-  D. Fox, S. Thrun, W. Burgard, and F. Dellaert, “Particle filters for mobile robot localization,” in A. Doucet, N. Freitas, and N. Gordon, ed., Sequential Monte Carlo Methods in Practice, New York: Springer-Verlag, 2000.
-  F. Lu and E. Milios, “Robot Pose Estimation in Unknown Environments by Matching 2D Range Scans,” Proc. of IEEE Comp. Soc. Cong. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 935-938, 1994.
-  S. Thrun, “Robotic Mapping: A Survey,” in G. Lakemeyer and B. Nebel, ed., Exploring Artificial Intelligence in the New Millennium, Morgan Kaufmann, 2002.
-  K. Oikawa, H. Takauji, T. Emaru, S. Okubo, and T. Tsuchiya, “Navigation using Local Landmarks in a Corridor Environment,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.17, No.3, pp. 262-268, 2005.
-  Y. Nagumo and A. Ohya, “Human following behavior of an autonomous mobile robot using light-emitting device,” Proc. JSME Robotics and Mechatronics Conference 2001, 2P1-H6, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  T. Itoh and H. Miyata, “Infrared light tracing approach to autonomous mobile robot for human following behavior,” JSME Design & Systems Conf. 2003, pp. 279-280, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  D. Gavrila, “The Visual Analysis of Human Movement: A Survey,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.73, No.1, pp. 82-98, 1999.
-  H. Nakano, K. Shimowaki, and T. Yamanaka, “Person Following System for the Autonomous Mobile Robot by Independent Tracking of Left and Right Feet,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.25, No.8, pp. 707-716, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  D. Schulz, W. Burgard, D. Fox, and A. B. Cremers, “People Tracking with a Mobile Robot Using Sample-based Joint Probabilistic Data Association Filters,” Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 99-116, 2003.
-  M. Montemerlo, S. Thrun, and W. Whittaker, “Conditional particle filters for simultaneous mobile robot localization and peopletracking,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2002.
-  S. Okusako and S. Sakane, “Human Tracking with a Mobile Robot using a Laser Rage-Finder,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.24, No.5, pp. 605-613, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  K. Tanaka and E. Kondo, “Towards Real-Time Global Localization in Dynamic Unstructured Environments,” JSME Int. J. Series C, Vol.49, Nol.3, pp. 905-911, 2006.
-  A. Matsumoto, S. Tsukuda, and G. Yoshita, “Navigation of an omnidirectional mobile robot by teaching a few omnidirectional images,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.1, pp. 80-89, 2004.
-  A. Ishioka, M. Tomono, T. Tsubouchi, and S. Yuta, “Probablistic Localization and Mapping by Mobile Robot with Fusing Odometry and Estimated Motion from Scan Matched LRF Data,” Proc. JSME Robotics and Mechatronics Conf. 2004, 1P1-L1-74, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  P. J. Besl and N. D. Mckay, “A Method for Registration of 3-D Shapes,” IEEE Trans. on PAMI, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 239-256, 1992.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.