Smooth Path Planning with Pedestrian Avoidance for Wheeled Robots
Yumiko Suzuki*,**, Simon Thompson**, and Satoshi Kagami*,**
*Digital Human Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Science and Technology
**Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
-  N. Nilsson, “Principles of Artificial Intelligence,” Tioga Publishing Company, 1980.
-  S. M. LaValle, “Planning Algorithms,” chapter 5, pp. 185-186, Cambridge University Press, 2006.
-  S. Thompson and S. Kagami, “Smooth trajectory planning with obstacle avoidance for car-like mobile robots,” The 23rd Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, 2005.
-  D. Ferguson and A. Stentz, “The field d* algorithm for improved path planning and replanning in uniform and non-uniform cost environments. Robotics Institute,” CMU, Vol.CMU-RITR-, pp. 05-19, June 2005.
-  L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy sets,” Information and control, Vol.8, pp. 338-353, 1965.
-  P. Garnier and T. Fraichard, “A fuzzy motion controller for a carlike vehicle,” In In Proc. of the IEEE-RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 1996.
-  Y. Suzuki, S. Kagami, and J. J. Kuffner, “Path planning with steering set for car-like robots and finding an effective set,” In ROBIO, 2006 IEEE Int. Conf., 2006.
-  A. Stentz, “Optimal and efficient path planning for partially-known environments,” In Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, May 1994.
-  A. Stentz, “The focussed d* algorithm for real-time replanning,” In Proc. of Int. Joint Conf. on Artificial Intelligence, August 1995.
-  A. Stentz and M. Herbert, “A complete navigation system for goal acquisition in unknown environments,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.2, No.2, pp. 127-145, 1995.
-  S. Koenig and M. Likhachev, “D* lite,” In Proc. of the National Conference of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), pp. 476-483, 2002.
-  T. Horiuchi, M. Kanehara, S. Kagami, and Y. Ehara, “A probabilistic walk path model focused on foot landing points and human step measurement system,” In SMC,2006 IEEE Int. Conf., 2006.
-  J. H. Lee, T. Tsubouchi, K. Yamamoto, and S. Egawa, “People tracking using a robot in motion with laser range finder,” In Proc. of the 2006 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, October 2006.
-  T. Tsubouchi and S. Arimoto, “Behavior of a mobile robot navigated by an iterated forecast and planning scheme in the presence of multiple moving obstacles,” Robotics and Automation, Vol.3, pp. 2470-2475, May 1994.
-  J. A. Reeds and L. A. Shepp, “Optimal path for a car that goes both forwards and backwards,” Vol.145, No.2, 1990.
-  J. C. Latombe, “Robot Motion Planning,” Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1991.
-  J. J. Kuffner, “Efficient optimal search of euclidean-cost grids and lattices,” In Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, September 2004.
-  T. Horiuchi, S. Thompson, S. Kagami, and Y. Ehara, “Pedestrian tracking from a mobile robot using a laser range finder,” In Proc. of 2007 IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC2007), pp. 931-936, Montreal, Canada, 10, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.